Mods install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPete

Reaction score
First off I don’t Know how, or even want to , or even have time to do mods myself. My question is for catch can, CAI, intercooler and BOV.... might be dumb question but can basically any mechanic do this stuff? I heard with tubes and DP etc it needs to be a higher end place or people who have experience in turbo.... but what about for what I stated above?

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends completely on the type of mod within each category. I am no rocket scientist, but JLT 3.0 catch can was about 10 minutes to install. Inter cooler was CVF and took like 3 hours, but could have been 2. I ran out of daylight and it was my first time, so I went slow, in the dark, trouble finding stuff, etc... If I had to do it again it would be a 30 minute job... if you do a different catch can it may require additional drilling but not too deep. Also Inter cooler if drop in isn’t too hard, but FMIC is a little more labor intensive. All depends what you are trying to accomplish.

Last edited:

RW17FX4

Reaction score
i’d say generally you’d be better off at a more performance oriented shop. not that any general shop couldn't handle the work, but a shop experienced with these trucks and these types of modifications might actually be a little cheaper in the long run versus a shop over quoting just to make sure they are covered on time (if not familiar with the truck or mods).

maybe you could find someone on your local facebook page who is a raptor guy or willing to take on the work?

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In any mods it’s pretty much straight forward installs and you could find how to do most of the installs on YouTube, even the FMIC. I did my in about 3 hrs taking beer breaks here and there. Cobb tune in 10 minutes. Cat back exhaust in about an hr. I say all bolt on mods are easy unless you’re going into doing engine mods then you better know what you are doing and have all the right tools and equipments.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think a basic mechanic could do a CAI, and any mechanically inclines
In any mods it’s pretty much straight forward installs and you could find how to do most of the installs on YouTube, even the FMIC. I did my in about 3 hrs taking beer breaks here and there. Cobb tune in 10 minutes. Cat back exhaust in about an hr. I say all bolt on mods are easy unless you’re going into doing engine mods then you better know what you are doing and have all the right tools and equipments.
i second YouTube. That is what got me through most of my mod installs, except the catch can. It had good instructions.