Need some help diagnosing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today the truck was running great. Noticed on the COBB I did hit 22.5 lbs of boost. Usually around 21 max. No issue. Then as I go to give it gas again, I hear a crazy loud whooshing sound. As soon as the any boost starts it's blowing right out of the BOV, or similar area. It's a factory one but the hose is gone and vents to the atmosphere. So, the truck is still trying to make boost, but instantly bleeding out. I took off the BOV sensor thing under the can to check the o rings and it looks good. I do have a full race intercooler and all hoses seem to be very tight still. I assume this is not a stuck Wastegate as the truck wouldn't be making boost? I noticed when I got home the drivers side turbo wastegate was shut and the passenger side was still open a bit. Thoughts?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You probably don’t need me to ask but in the interest nothing gets missed, did you get any DTC from the truck?

OP
OP
SCAR911

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never thought this thing would be blowing hoses off. Maybe the wick is up to high.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Dude? 22+ psi of boost? stock is -rated- at 18, but is usually 16-17.

Use your Kung-Fu grip. 200.gif

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I never thought this thing would be blowing hoses off. Maybe the wick is up to high.
Might want to get a new hose. We went to Ouray one year with a superduty and a couple jeeps on a gooseneck trail. One of the hoses popped off, we put it back in place and tightened the shit out of clamp. We repeated that about 5 times over the next several hours.

OP
OP
SCAR911

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to get a new hose. We went to Ouray one year with a superduty and a couple jeeps on a gooseneck trail. One of the hoses popped off, we put it back in place and tightened the shit out of clamp. We repeated that about 5 times over the next several hours.
Might be a good idea. There is oil residue all over so it makes them a little more slippery.