Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish i could help with the swirls but that last time I tried that shit, I burned a hole in my clear LMAO!

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best single stage polish IMO is Sonax Perfect Finish. It's a medium cut that finishes like an ultra fine. That said, if the VSS with an orange pad didn't get those out (I can't really tell how deep they are in the photos), then the Perfect Finish may not either and you may have to use a heavy cut. If so, I've had great results from Rupes DA Coarse -- it has successfully removed deep clearcoat scratches for me, and those swirls you have will be light work for it. I'd try the Perfect Finish on one panel, see how it looks, and if it doesn't get them, go Rupes DA.

OP
OP
raptordoke

raptordoke

Reaction score
Thanks!! I may try these out … and I am in FL … green swamp and richloam are in my backyard and Ocala isn’t too far away

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you had no success first time around, I'd be leary of trying again. if it kills you as you say, then take it to a professional and maybe consider PPF. I find it best not to look too close.

The first set of pics look great.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I vote for Sonax Perfect Finish as well. Try it with a Rupes yellow foam pad or maybe there yellow wool pad. Then little by little start upping your game and start tossing the Chemical Guys stuff in the trash.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also from a similar problem on a black Pontiac Bonniville. Use a softer finish wax to get rid of swirl. Hard base wax/coating then soft wax finish coat next day

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!! I may try these out … and I am in FL … green swamp and richloam are in my backyard and Ocala isn’t too far away

Congrats on the truck... join the FL Raptor group in FB. Raptor Run in Ocala runs every other month or two months depends on organizer.

Pnwrider

Reaction score
Skip the foam pads and go to straight wool. I have gotten amazing results from rupes yellow wool pad and coarse/fine finish depending on depth of scratches/swirl marks. I have tried just about everything over the years (da, forced rotary, Adam’s, chemical guys, griots, etc) and the rupes system can make any novice look like a pro. My go to now is the yellow wool pad and finish with favorite wax/sealant.