Need some help diagnosing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have NOT stripped the clamp. NO ONE knows how or bothers to use a torque wrench anymore. They just over tighten the $HlT out of everything and wonder why it goes to $HlT. Clean the hoses... don't go crazy and use something silly like brake cleaner. Then spray some cheap hairspray on the connection (or use finger <jokes here>). Reinstall with proper torque and live free of charge pipes blowing off.

1706336864313.png

OP
OP
SCAR911

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have NOT stripped the clamp. NO ONE knows how or bothers to use a torque wrench anymore. They just over tighten the $HlT out of everything and wonder why it goes to $HlT. Clean the hoses... don't go crazy and use something silly like brake cleaner. Then spray some cheap hairspray on the connection (or use finger <jokes here>). Reinstall with proper torque and live free of charge pipes blowing off.

View attachment 442298
Isn't the proper tq tighten them right before they break?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It's a stage 2 goose tune. Are you saying 22 is no big deal?
I’m sayin’ 22 is spinning the stocker’s pretty hard. I am not able to comment on longevity, durability, design spec, etc. but, i was given to understand that much over 18psi, the stockers will produce a cr@p ton of heat with minimal increase in power because they’re past their peak efficiency. I’m sure there are folks on here spinning them harder and some not as much it just seems a bit on the high side.

I’m glad this was an easy to troubleshoot issue.

OP
OP
SCAR911

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sayin’ 22 is spinning the stocker’s pretty hard. I am not able to comment on longevity, durability, design spec, etc. but, i was given to understand that much over 18psi, the stockers will produce a cr@p ton of heat with minimal increase in power because they’re past their peak efficiency. I’m sure there are folks on here spinning them harder and some not as much it just seems a bit on the high side.

I’m glad this was an easy to troubleshoot issue.
Just sent some new logs off to goosetuned. We will see what's going on

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 442298
Dude that brought back memories. Aqua net was the fuel for the potato cannon back in the day. It had the most alcohol content