Mines & Coves Searchlight NV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
:head3:where's the next adventure?
I think I’m going to that old mining cabin I mentioned. It’s out in the Red Rocks near the Valley of Fire. We will see what condition it’s in, hopefully they haven’t bladed it. The BLM idiots keep making our difficult trails Prius accessible then Allll the idiots find there way out there :(

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Is that body of water a flooded mine?
No Sir it’s the Colorado River, they call the wide section Lake Mojave. Always a breeze through here. I’ve seen 3’ whitecaps out there. The pictures below are looking at it from the AZ side. All the mines are up in the Mountains in the area overlooking the River. 9F42C80F-C17B-4EAE-B6EE-B654CED7E6A9.jpegD7016116-4BC8-45AF-A8E6-AEB5AA129ACF.jpeg

Last edited:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No Sir it’s the Colorado River, they call the wide section Lake Mojave. Always a breeze through here. I’ve seen 3’ whitecaps out there. The pictures below are looking at it from the AZ side. All the mines are up in the Mountains in the area overlooking the River. View attachment 316274View attachment 316275
Cool! It didn't look near that big in the picture. We have quite a few limestone and slate quarries around here that look similar to that one picture, once they close them and let them flood.