2021 Roush/Alcon Brake Kit Install Experience on 2020 gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taco_drifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it was the Method 703s that come in a 17.8.5 6x135 25/5.78" that I was looking at PRIOR to the Alcons.

Not sure what I even should be looking at now with these brakes, but as stated before, I dig the look of the OE 19-20 bead lock ready (less their weight) wheels. If I were being true to myself (more function over form) I'd probably end up with the lighter bead grip Methods if I can find something that will fit. Sadly, if I am going to end up with a less desirable form, wish I could at least pick a different color... there are so many "voices" I sometimes forget which ones I usually listen to :p
Do the Alcon's fit MR703s with 0 offset?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe the alcon spacer is 7mm, that would make 0 offset -7 offset which is 42 mm different from factory. For us Americans that is 1.77 inches pushed out. Literally making the track width 3 inches wider over all.

That sure seems like a ton to clear calipers that clear factory wheels. Tells me method has a barrel smaller than the 16 inch on my F350.
Dude don’t over complicate this. Buy one wheel from a vendor on here that allows returns. Done. Method thought my wheels would not work with the alcons. they were wrong.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 705 has 0 and +25 off set options. Waiting to get set up with a new distributor, who has both ICON and Method. Well see what they have in stock. Then make a decision. Current distributor only has 2 of the ICON in stock the Methods are on a 10 day back order it says.

BigTaco

Reaction score
Finally got my Alcons installed. My Raptor is a 2020 so I installed the electronic brake kit from Alcon which is upgraded rotors and pads that reuse factory rear calipers. I also had crown stainless lines including on the rear axle (six brake lines in total). Once the pads were bedded, these brakes are insane. I’m really happy with this kit.e5924fee-8352-40d5-a73a-fbf253df5d3f.jpeg

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally got my Alcons installed. My Raptor is a 2020 so I installed the electronic brake kit from Alcon which is upgraded rotors and pads that reuse factory rear calipers. I also had crown stainless lines including on the rear axle (six brake lines in total). Once the pads were bedded, these brakes are insane. I’m really happy with this kit.View attachment 449712
Like night and day difference.