Near Disaster in the Desert!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Here's some more from ATC.. back in the 80's when back-country hiking/camping was my thing. I've done sections, brother has completed whole trail (as well as PCT and CDT) with some serious downtime on ACT due to foot/feet injuries from terrain. (Lake Onawa, Maine, Prospect Rock, NY, Mt. Katahkin, Maine, Humpback Rocks, GWNF, and Jefferson Rock, WV)

Lake-Onawa-Barren-Ledges-Maine.jpgProspect-Rock-Bellvale-Mountain-New-York.jpgKnife-Edge-Mount-Katahdin-Maine.jpgHumpback-RocksGeorge-Washington-Natl-Forest-Virginia.jpgJefferson-Rock-Harpers-Ferry-Natl-Historic-Park-West-Virginia.jpg

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Here's some more from ATC.. back in the 80's when back-country hiking/camping was my thing. I've done sections, brother has completed whole trail (as well as PCT and CDT) with some serious downtime on ACT due to foot/feet injuries from terrain. (Lake Onawa, Maine, Prospect Rock, NY, Mt. Katahkin, Maine, Humpback Rocks, GWNF, and Jefferson Rock, WV)

View attachment 375300View attachment 375301View attachment 375302View attachment 375303View attachment 375304
OUTSTANDING!

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Glad to hear all is good. I definitely need at least one!!

Thankfully we've had good luck with not being lost etc. i need to stop putting off getting one though. Getting lost or injured in the woods isnt a joke.

Im over a mile from the nearest dirt road in this pic lol. (Tumbledown mountain) also has a lake on top.
AC9A853C-7128-471E-8F78-B51975472901.jpeg
15151309-6A59-41CF-9F0D-234C1EC5E6F2.jpeg

Nice im not far from mt katahdin and the appalachian trail.. im pretty central to many good hiking trails really lol

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Glad to hear all is good. I definitely need at least one!!

Thankfully we've had good luck with not being lost etc. i need to stop putting off getting one though. Getting lost or injured in the woods isnt a joke.

Im over a mile from the nearest dirt road in this pic lol. (Tumbledown mountain) also has a lake on top.
View attachment 376404
View attachment 376405

Nice im not far from mt katahdin and the appalachian trail.. im pretty central to many good hiking trails really lol
Wow, Beautiful area.
A mile isn’t far….unless you broke one of your legs, then crawling a mile is a MFer!! Lol
Or if a Boulder fell on your arm, and you have to chew it off (27hrs) to get out :)

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Wow, Beautiful area.
A mile isn’t far….unless you broke one of your legs, then crawling a mile is a MFer!! Lol
Or if a Boulder fell on your arm, and you have to chew it off (27hrs) to get out :)

Yeah we love it here. It’s peaceful and beautiful, even in the winter.

Nah a miles not bad if you know which way to go lol