maxx2893 audio upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i forgot to mention maxx, i am thinking of going with an arc audio xdi1000.1 amp. its 1ohm stable and puts out 1100 watts rms, and i think it would be a good match as well. let me know what you think

Whatever man, this your expertise not mine. If you think it's a better match let's go for it.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious what's the quality of Arc Audio? I don't know much about this stuff and I've never heard of them. For all I know they could be cheap Chinese crap or up on Focal level, I honestly have no idea.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i forgot to mention maxx, i am thinking of going with an arc audio xdi1000.1 amp. its 1ohm stable and puts out 1100 watts rms, and i think it would be a good match as well. let me know what you think

are you going to wire it to 1 ohm?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought you didn't know chit about this... Hahahaaa

Joe

Haha trust me I don't (just ask Busa about all the questions I asked). During the whole course of this whole thing I learned a few things, but not much lol. I just think k I remember that being our plan of action.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, we are going to use 2 ohm speakers. bridged can be 1ohm into the arc amp. series can be 4 ohm into the rockford amp. im still trying to decide which one. i think i will decide after the box is built.

maxx - arc audio is owned by robert zeff, formerly of zapco. he designed many amps for zapco, until he decided to start his own company. if you want to research more, you can tell me which amp you want to use, but i will test with both

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, we are going to use 2 ohm speakers. bridged can be 1ohm into the arc amp. series can be 4 ohm into the rockford amp. im still trying to decide which one. i think i will decide after the box is built.

maxx - arc audio is owned by robert zeff, formerly of zapco. he designed many amps for zapco, until he decided to start his own company. if you want to research more, you can tell me which amp you want to use, but i will test with both

Oh ok. Man just go with what you want, just keep me updated. I can't tell you one way or another because I have no idea what the difference will be. You'll be the best one to decide which way to go with this

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Haha there ya go blue, I got that wrong too

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you dont lose quality at 1ohm if your amplifier is stable at 1ohm. you have to find where the amp will perform the best. the difference between ohms is mostly just for wiring/power. at 1ohm the amp will run hotter than at 4 ohms, because you are drawing more power, but if you can get to the sweet spot on the amp then thats where you want to be. so if heat is an issue then run at 4ohms at the specified power rating, but if there is enough room around the amp for air (in this case if maxx mounts to the back of the back seats) then you can run a lower impedence. regardless, you want to match the output of the amp to the woofers.