Looking at a 2020 Scab. What does this Carfax say to you? Should I be concerned?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLG

Reaction score
So I found this nice super cab 2020 that I really like. However the work done per the car fax has me a little scared. What do you think happened here? I would really appreciate some honest feedback. ThanksIMG_8531.jpegIMG_8531.jpeg

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many miles?
I would be thinking electrical and/or shifting issues that either dealer or mechanic just threw parts at before really knowing what issue was.

Just my guess.

OP
OP
B

BLG

Reaction score
It has about 21000 miles and build date of Jan, 2020. I think that cam phaser issues were probably fixed since a later build date.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i wouldnt be concerned..carfax is pretty dumb when it comes to a lot of normal maintenance things.

i read that as a key fob battery, a TCU flash, a coil and a steering gear.. maybe a battery..

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt be concerned..carfax is pretty dumb when it comes to a lot of normal maintenance things.

i read that as a key fob battery, a TCU flash, a coil and a steering gear.. maybe a battery..

I agree. The specific items listed is telling me they had a dead battery, tried to jump start the truck, co(ked that up and fried every module in the vehicle.

OP
OP
B

BLG

Reaction score
I agree. The specific items listed is telling me they had a dead battery, tried to jump start the truck, co(ked that up and fried every module in the vehicle.
That makes a lot more sense than anything else. I’ll try to get an oasis and see if they can tell me anything else.

OP
OP
B

BLG

Reaction score
So my local dealer agreed to pull the oasis report. Doesn’t show anything like the Carfax. What gives?

Attachments

• IMG_8539.jpeg
    IMG_8539.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 29