Longer Oil Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford is a business they want to make money, they are certainly not going to put all their best parts on a vehicle when they have their own after market company.

You know damn well they made a deal for the millions of standard FL820 oil filters and probably cost pennies per unit.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
This thread wasn't about what was recommended by Ford, it was about other oil filter options. Obviously Ford designed the OEM filter to meet certain specs, but there's also a reason they make upgrades.

Do you have to use it? No. But you don't have to put premium gas in there either. Or different shocks. Or tires. Or....

Anyway, since this is FRF, the two filters WERE different, so just admit you were a stupid, old curmudgeon since you thought they were exactly the same but priced differently. :baby:

NO! I won't do it. ********! HAhaaaaaa. I read part numbers. That's what I went by. Numbers a number. HAhaaaaa. I may buy one just to see inside for my self. But that $16.95 will have to come out of my shock rebuild fund. HAhaaaaa.

BDRAG

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha good you're doing it, cause there's no way in hell i'm buying that more expensive filter when the cheaper one is just fine for me.

most engines should last 200k with manufacturer recommendations, and by then the rest of the truck will be falling apart anyway and it'll be time for another one. if my truck had that much rust on it at two weeks old and 11 miles, i can't imagine what it'll be like at 200,000 miles :ROFLJest:

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
there's no way in hell i'm buying that more expensive filter when the cheaper one is just fine for me.

I found them online at this place.
Ford Racing Oli Filters Pans Racing Oil Filters

You don't have to buy a 12 pack like most web sites, they only want $12.95 for ea. filter. HAhaaaa. No way IN HELL I would buy a 12 pack! Maybe 2 or 3 to make shipping per less.

BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I did not say that, but it looks like it has been explained by others now. Just because the Raptor says F150 on it, does not mean a regular F150 can handle the same terrain, even though it has the same name.

HAHaaaaa. So its the same but different. Oh O.K.. I understand now. HAhaaaaa.

BDRAG