Longer Oil Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BDRAG,
they have the same part # except the Racing one has a CM in front of the parts #

m-6731-fl820.jpg

https://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=7567

Key upgrade Features are:

Heavy gage base and canister for higher burst strength and impulse fatigue resistance
Long life with standard and synthetic motor oils
Up to 50% more filtering capacity then standard filters
Improved filtering efficiency
This technology is only available through Ford Racing Performance Parts.

IMG_20130917_162814_434.jpg

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a thread somewhere with oil filter comparisons.

If I remember correctly Mobil 1 and FordRacing are at 5 or 10 microns, where most are 20 microns.
But I'm not swearing to this I'm searching for good intel on this.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

I can't find the info on Mobil 1's website and forget about FordRacing's website.

Last edited:

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
BDRAG,
they have the same part # except the Racing one has a CM in front of the parts #

This technology is only available through Ford Racing Performance Parts.

View attachment 49446

Interesting. So the ford racing filter did not come stock on my truck. Was it on yours? If its an upgrade, why was it not on the truck from the factory. One would assume the FL820S is sufficient if its OEM correct. Anyone here ever bursted an oil filter? I have not. I have twisted the ole Raptor to the limiter in the first 3 gears at TRR 1. The shocks crapped out and went limp, the brakes burnt up, My air filter looked like it had 30,000 miles on it but my oil filter didn't blow the **** up! HAhaahaha.

MTF, as Ricky Recardo use to say "LUCY, YOU GOT SOME SPLAINNIN TO DO!" HAhaaaa.

BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Well it's recommended for Supercharged applications.

Well BURST MY FILTER BUBBLE! HAhaaa. Where is the FL820S test footage and the RACE FL820S footage?

If the damn oil is cold as shit the pump ain't pumpin it due to its viscosity up to no 300 psi. If the oil is that cold the rest of the parts are that cold and gonna drag and so on. The motor ain't gonna turn over and crank if the oil is that thick. The filter media is DAMN SURE not gonna do a damn thing but be like a sheet of solid material and that SILICON POP OFF VALVE better pop! AHhaaaa.

Real world is it worth it? Real world to 99.1 % of us Raptortiers. I drought it, but if you got the cash go for it.

My second oil change I had a shop that's done my service for years. Got home and they had put some silly shit for a Tarsus on it. Same threads and seal but pop off at like 8 lbs and half the diameter of the FL820S. I saw that shit, raised hell and made them put on the Motorcraft FL820S I had gone and bought. Never went back.

BDRAG

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread wasn't about what was recommended by Ford, it was about other oil filter options. Obviously Ford designed the OEM filter to meet certain specs, but there's also a reason they make upgrades.

Do you have to use it? No. But you don't have to put premium gas in there either. Or different shocks. Or tires. Or....

Anyway, since this is FRF, the two filters WERE different, so just admit you were a stupid, old curmudgeon since you thought they were exactly the same but priced differently. :baby: