GEN 1 Lift / level kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I can see the photo you posted has zero offset wheels, the bedsides appear to be stock and the edge of the tire appears to be flush with the bed, going max perch with bumpers and 37's will give you the look but you'll want a bump stop system and better coil-overs before you really push off-road. I would see if any shops near you can let you see the different offset wheels on your truck and see what you prefer.

Popper864

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum and the 1st gen crew. Sounds like your struggling with a similar situation i was. I can tell by the pics of your past truck that you like the looks of the factory bead locks like myself. I wanted to keep the factory SVT wheels but still get that aggressive stance from them. I did a Mid-perch mod to the front of my truck, enabling me to keep my factory suspension. I also added Bora's 1.5" hub centric wheel adapters all the way around the truck to give it that 0 offset look. Ill include some pictures. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
K

khaled48

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum and the 1st gen crew. Sounds like your struggling with a similar situation i was. I can tell by the pics of your past truck that you like the looks of the factory bead locks like myself. I wanted to keep the factory SVT wheels but still get that aggressive stance from them. I did a Mid-perch mod to the front of my truck, enabling me to keep my factory suspension. I also added Bora's 1.5" hub centric wheel adapters all the way around the truck to give it that 0 offset look. Ill include some pictures. Hope this helps
Your truck looks great and your suggestion will save me lots of money considering that I almost pay shipping price equal or sometimes more to the item price like wheels .
I have one concern , what issues you are facing with the bora adapters , I have bad experience in older truck including vibration on specific speed .

OP
OP
K

khaled48

Reaction score
Your truck looks great and your suggestion will save me lots of money considering that I almost pay shipping price equal or sometimes more to the item price like wheels .
I have one concern , what issues you are facing with the bora adapters , I have bad experience in older truck including vibration on specific speed .
Also what is the size of your tires , 35s ?

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
though spacers are frowned upon as they do add a weak point, the bora spacers are top notch and are at times necessary. i have 1.5" on my truck in order to not have my tire rub against my spindle. sometimes you have to run them..

OP
OP
K

khaled48

Reaction score
though spacers are frowned upon as they do add a weak point, the bora spacers are top notch and are at times necessary. i have 1.5" on my truck in order to not have my tire rub against my spindle. sometimes you have to run them..
I agree , but they cause vibration irritating issues or not , I had them earlier on another truck and ended up throwing them after one week , they were not bora and the truck was not Ford .

Popper864

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks-
I have had ZERO issues with the BORA wheel adapters so far. Great on the highway going highspeeds for 4-5 hours at a time while traveling and do great off-road. Road noise did increase a slight bit but that is a given- other than that- No issues. I would highly suggest going for wheel adapters and NOT wheel spacers. Also would suggest paying that extra $$$ for a quality pair of adapters from a great known brand such as BORA. Will be worth the investment in the long run. Every time I rotate my tires after every oil change, I check toque on wheel adapters. No problems

I am running 35x12.50s btw

OP
OP
K

khaled48

Reaction score
Thanks-
I have had ZERO issues with the BORA wheel adapters so far. Great on the highway going highspeeds for 4-5 hours at a time while traveling and do great off-road. Road noise did increase a slight bit but that is a given- other than that- No issues. I would highly suggest going for wheel adapters and NOT wheel spacers. Also would suggest paying that extra $$$ for a quality pair of adapters from a great known brand such as BORA. Will be worth the investment in the long run. Every time I rotate my tires after every oil change, I check toque on wheel adapters. No problems

I am running 35x12.50s btw
Thank you so much you saved me lots of $$$ . that was really helpful , I will order now the bora adapters .