I see very few SCab Raptors vs. SCrews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RAPTORS were engineered to be SCABS from the ground up. SCREWS are an afterthought to make FORD money off all the Starbuck Mall Screwers. RAPTOR SCABS are for the purist and are the ICON and benchmark for F150 performance. Did they show the SCREW off at the launch? Did they send two SCREWS to motor trend to huck all over the dunes? Nope they sent the best... the SCAB.

View attachment 118934

By that logic, Seems that SCABs were an afterthought and SCREWs were an after afterthought. If Ford wanted to go Ultimate for the "Purest", why didn't they build a regular cab Raptor? No argument here, I'm a big fan and appreciate all Raptors,, just asking....

I would love to see a photoshop version of a regular cab Raptor....

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew someone would bring that up eventually. All I'm saying is they designed it as a SCAB and then thought "maybe we could make it in a SCREW TOO"

Im not really a SCREW hater and my last Raptor was SCREW and I loved it, but I prefer the smaller wheel base truck for what I do.

Daweism

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thread trivia. Out of 80 posts on this thread, 38 are SCABS which equals 47.5%.

I'd say SCABS are much better represented on forums and social media due to mostly SCABS beings driven by enthusiasts vs SCREWS being daily drivers by a much larger non-enthusiasts driver base. So on face value the SCAB would not seem as rare as it is vs SCREWS.

BigRick73

Reaction score
I searched for a month looking for a 2018 SCAB. I had several dealers try and find one and they couldn't find one so I ordered a 2019 SCAB. I got it exactly they way I wanted it, Ruby Red, 802A, Carbon fiber, Tailgate step, bedliner and hard tonneau cover and deleted the Tailgate Applique. They told me it would take 3 months. I got it in 63 days. I am extremely happy about ordering it and I had an awesome dealer. I got it for $3600 under MSRP and no other dealer came close. They all wanted to sell me something on their lot and they only had SCREW Raptors. Thus if you want a SCAB be prepared to order it.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks IMO.
Turning radius is #1 concern for me, but I bought my Rap after driving an off-roader with a 94 inch wheelbase.

Granted fact..."if turning radius is #1 concern the Raptor might not be the ideal off-road vehicle for you".

Then again...life is all about compromise right?

Daweism

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turning radius is #1 concern for me, but I bought my Rap after driving an off-roader with a 94 inch wheelbase.

Granted fact..."if turning radius is #1 concern the Raptor might not be the ideal off-road vehicle for you".

Then again...life is all about compromise right?

I see you're in Austin too. Definitely don't think I've spotted your Raptor yet.