Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

I see very few SCab Raptors vs. SCrews

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Mia, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Mia

Mia Member

I see very few SCabs vs.SCrews for sale on eBay and dealer lots. I wonder what the ratio is production wise? I had a SCab on order but saw a SCrew and fell in love with the moonroof and other features and bought it on the spot. Dealer gave $1500 more for my trade which helped make the deal even more enticing.

2. Raptor911

Raptor911 FRF Addict

Dealers will always order the more expensive truck/trim ect. to make more $$. So a screw is more expensive than a scab.

I general, if 10 trucks are sold, 8 are screws and 2 are scabs. This was true in the Gen1 and I am sure it will be the same for the gen2.

3. rtmozingo

rtmozingo Full Access Member

Back in 2010, the only option was SCAB, because Ford didn't want to compromise on offroad ability. But so many people complained for a SuperCrew, Ford caved in 2011, and nowadays 9 in 10 are SCREWS. In fact, every SCAB I know of (including mine) was special ordered.

Predator, Micha, Dredlin and 2 others like this.
  4. Raptor911

Raptor911 FRF Addict

at my dealership, the 1st 4 allocations were, screw, screw scab and scab. Bold move by my dealer to order 2 scabs and I told him he would have a hard time selling them. And as of this typing, he has yet to sell his 2 scabs. Both screws have sold.

5. kid icarus

kid icarus Full Access Member

The scab is just not "in demand". For an all purpose daily, the room of the supercrew can't be beat.

Georgia Ave likes this.
  6. Mia

Mia Member

I agree there is a big difference in rear seat room in the Supercrew

7. Tlh235

Tlh235 Full Access Member

I got the SCAB just based on it fitting in my garage. Living in ohio and the quality of the truck, i did not want it outside during the night! I got mostly all the options though(including sunroof)...which i have opened approx twice(hahaha). And i had to special order mine...and also because everytime i saw a magnetic one within 100miles that i actually thought about buying, it had those dumb stickers on it. The wait was rough and the dealership pretty much was worthless when it came to info on the truck status(very thankful to the Ford chat you do, they provided me with very good info once i had a vin #). I was even able to track shipping of my truck and knew when it was delivered prior to the dealership even calling me.

8. Raptor911

Raptor911 FRF Addict

you must have a 2017-2018 scab as Ford dropped the sunroofs in the 2019 Scabs

9. Chris Mies

Chris Mies Full Access Member

I ordered a SCAB because I was told the Raptor doesn't come in regular cab. :Pshyco:

Gary E and Stroked out like this.
  10. Tlh235

Tlh235 Full Access Member