I see very few SCab Raptors vs. SCrews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which is why they don't sell.

Customer: "Crew cab is huge inside, but the truck has a mighty short bed. Any other options?"
Saleman: "Well, we have this one. It's a smaller cab and has the same size bed."

Unless you have a small garage, I just don't see the downside of the truck being 12" longer.
Looks IMO.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RAPTORS were engineered to be SCABS from the ground up. SCREWS are an afterthought to make FORD money off all the Starbuck Mall Screwers. RAPTOR SCABS are for the purist and are the ICON and benchmark for F150 performance. Did they show the SCREW off at the launch? Did they send two SCREWS to motor trend to huck all over the dunes? Nope they sent the best... the SCAB.

IMG_4727.jpg

Alan C

Reaction score
I've had issues with the doors once or twice; no getting into the back seat in my garage most of the time. That said, resale value is a non issue. You might not get a bite as quick, but the demand stays about the same. SCABs are the go-to for offroad builds.

View attachment 118589

I agree. And over time the rarity of the SCAB will make it more valuable as a toy. Right now most are daily drivers so the practicality of the screw is in demand. Are the older SCABs getting a premium in your area? My buddy said he had to go two states over to get his '13 SCAB and he paid a premium compared to a SCREW

Alan C

Reaction score
Which is why they don't sell.

Customer: "Crew cab is huge inside, but the truck has a mighty short bed. Any other options?"
Saleman: "Well, we have this one. It's a smaller cab and has the same size bed."

Unless you have a small garage, I just don't see the downside of the truck being 12" longer.

Or "sir you want a larger bed so offroading is obviously secondary to utility to you, let me show you our regular F150s or F250s"

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else here think SCAB is better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else here think SCAB is better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Uhmmm.... I think almost 100% of SCAB owners, and most of the folks posting in this thread think the SCAB is better.

I could have bought a Screw a lot more easily than the SCAB...traveled several hours each direction to buy mine, and even flew to Colorado to look at one when I was still shopping.

radio_man

Reaction score
Love my SCAB. I never considered buying the SCREW because the main point (for me) of buying the Raptor was for off-road/utility and the SCAB is more suited to it. Looks better too.

Also, I find crew cab doors ******* annoying whenever I have to borrow someone else’s truck (rare). I am constantly getting into the back for tools, gear, etc. Having to walk around the second door gets old real fast.