How often do you use leather conditioner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rtmozingo

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the review. That was really helpful from a leather standpoint as well as an overall detailing perspective.

I wanted to follow up and see if anyone had any feedback on protecting the "leather" on the dash and center console? I believe it is more of a vinyl product, but wanted to treat it and protect it if possible. I drove a GMC prior to this and the center console ended up developing some small cracks in the vinyl where my elbow regularly sat on it and wore it. I wanted to do everything I can to protect it now before it happens again.

Thanks again for your help.

Glad it was helpful! The dash appears to be vinyl - the console and doors are actually leather. Aerospace 303 is the go-to for vinyl, plastic, and rubber, and what I will be using from here on out for my dash. Definitely use leatherique on the console and doors - actually, I noticed the most difference on those items initially.

gtxracer

Reaction score
Chemical Guys leather conditioner here. Every 3 months or whenever I'm paranoid about the leather. Usually happens at every wash, takes 5 min and well worth it.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skidmore’s leather creme, hands down, might actually go out and do it today!

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watching videos on-line indicate that most vinyl and plastic protectants like Mequire's Natural Shine work well on leather seats since the leather has a plastic coating on them. That's what I've been using and plan to treat every 2 months or so in the summer and 3-4 months during the rest of the year. The seats and interior look great using Natural Shine. Not too oily or shiny at all. Just a nice black matte look.