Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

How often do you use leather conditioner?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum' started by rtmozingo, May 7, 2018.

Adam's Polishes
  1. rtmozingo

rtmozingo FRF Addict

I was hoping I could get away with doing it only once a year, maybe 2x a year for dash trim, but after going for about 5 months I noticed the front seats were as dry as the dash, and needed a LOT of conditioner to get soft again (still need to hit them once or twice more).

So, how often do you guys treat your leather, and what do you use as a metric for the health of the leather?

2. taco-13

taco-13 Full Access Member

In the summer with my son and his friends getting in and out of the truck on the beach I do it every week. Sun tan lotion seems to beat up the seats. Out of beach season maybe once per month. I use the chemical guys stuff.

mamula likes this.
  3. brc misfit

brc misfit FRF Addict

I use Adam's about every 3 months, or immediately after the desert

goblues38, mamula and AdamsPolishes like this.
  4. Sage

Sage FRF Addict

Summer, often. Winter every couple months. In the winter I keep quick attach seat covers on them as I'm in mud and dirt a lot.

If your butt ain't sliding easily, treat.

My seats are 6 years old, 50,000+++ miles and look almost new. It's worth it.

5. crash457

crash457 I'm Batman Supporting Member

Usually 3-4 times a year but it could be more or less based on how the leather feels. The biggest factor for leather is it's environment. I live in the Midwest and my truck lives in the garage. If you live in a warm dry climate like the southwest or your truck lives outside in the sun, expect to need to treat the seats more often. The sun can dry leather out very quickly.

6. AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Like stated above, environmental conditions and level of usage will affect how long the Leather Conditioner lasts.

On average, I would treat the seats every 1-2 months, more often in the hotter months. The Leather Conditioner also gets worn off the seats from use, so the driver's seat may need more often reapplication than the passenger seats, if they are not used as much.

Keeping a good layer of protection on the leather helps keep it from getting dirty or soiled.

mamula and Dakotablues like this.
  7. rtmozingo

rtmozingo FRF Addict

Thanks for the feedback guys...leather seats are new to me. I noticed the rear seats were still fine from last application, but my seat was in relatively bad shape. I'll adjust accordingly!

AdamsPolishes likes this.
  8. Jkysh

Jkysh Full Access Member

I use lexol monthly especially in the summer. Have a windshield sun screen as well, seats stay and soft.

9. Speedy_Thief

Speedy_Thief Member

Would it make a difference if the interior was treated with a ceramic coating? Should I use lexol monthly or?????
    Thanks

10. Raven Cat

Raven Cat Member

In the past i for leather seats i have used Meguiar's products for leather in my trucks. Mainly because it is available at almost any store and "name" brand. Any thoughts if i should change to something like adams?