How do you put your truck in park?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ll take it off your hands cheap. I don’t mind continuing with what I’ve done since I started driving. To each their own, but if they idiot proofed the entire truck, it would weigh 8,000 lbs.
If the pawl pin fails after I put it into park after a complete stop on flat ground, I will give you first shot at it. But don't hold your breath. Ford makes nearly a million F-150s every year, many of which are abused by morons. They're not failing left and right.

RaptorMann

Reaction score
There's no need to linger in neutral. you can go directly to Park without putting any shear stress on the parking pawl, so long as you apply continuous braking. Also, WTF is this all about anyway? I haven't heard of a parking pawl failure in this century. These are the same folks who clamor for booster after booster. f-em.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
There's no need to linger in neutral. you can go directly to Park without putting any shear stress on the parking pawl, so long as you apply continuous braking. Also, WTF is this all about anyway? I haven't heard of a parking pawl failure in this century. These are the same folks who clamor for booster after booster. f-em.
200.gif

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe not a single one of you guys mentioned that you have to also turn the wheels to make sure the front rolls to curb if on an incline, put out the cone at the front and rear of any corner facing into a lane, and if you don't chock all 4 wheels front and rear of the tire then you're just asking for trouble when the parking pawl fails, the parking brake fails, the tires lose traction with the ground, and if you're not going to do the bare minimum then you shouldn't drive because that's just irresponsible.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe not a single one of you guys mentioned that you have to also turn the wheels to make sure the front rolls to curb if on an incline, put out the cone at the front and rear of any corner facing into a lane, and if you don't chock all 4 wheels front and rear of the tire then you're just asking for trouble when the parking pawl fails, the parking brake fails, the tires lose traction with the ground, and if you're not going to do the bare minimum then you shouldn't drive because that's just irresponsible.
Yea, and we should all wear masks while driving.