When do you replace your tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious when everyone replaces their tires. I'm running BFG KO2's and i've got about .150 (little more than 4/32) thread depth left. I know most tire stores say to replace at 2/32 so technically i have some life left. I'm not having any issues on pavement but when i run the logging roads out here i'm feeling some slippage on the steep loose roads as well as some of the corners. I do about 80% on road so i'm not sure i want to drop 2K on tires just yet but i am starting to feel them off-road. Curious when you guys start to replace yours. Do you wait till you fish tail getting on the freeway in the rain or do you use the off-road performance loss as a guide?

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've always done mine way before 4-32 mainly due to being in Florida and rain + highway can make a fun drive home.
I forgot what level the stock KO's were at for my 2012, but after two hydroplaning events in the same day I bought tires that night.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always done mine way before 4-32 mainly due to being in Florida and rain + highway can make a fun drive home.
I forgot what level the stock KO's were at for my 2012, but after two hydroplaning events in the same day I bought tires that night.
shouldve PPFd them idiot, sheds water like crazy bro its worth it

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
New Tires 10/32” tread – School bus on a wet road:

Stopping distance 195 feet

Worn Tires 4/32” tread – School bus on a wet road:

Stopping distance 290 feet

Bald Tires 2/32” tread – School bus on a wet road:

Stopping distance 379 feel