How often do you use leather conditioner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VADER332

Reaction score
In the past i for leather seats i have used Meguiar's products for leather in my trucks. Mainly because it is available at almost any store and "name" brand. Any thoughts if i should change to something like adams?

Hey man. I still use meguiars as well.

JLAKE4130

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rather than start a new thread i figured id post here as it is the same topic.
I bought a new to me 2013 raptor a few weeks back. With exactly 40,000 now on the ODO the outside bolsters on the driver seat bottom (and slightly on the passenger) are showing slight lines in the leather from sliding in and out over the last 5 years. Being in AZ (dry and hot) i figured id condition the leather.
I first used Lexol leather conditioner (brown bottle). Working in small amounts of product and wiping it off with a clean towel before it fully dried. Problem is i get a very slight white haze built up in the fine lines in the leather. No matter how much i wipe it off with a clean microfiber towel the white haze remains. However, it is easily removed with some Griots interior detail spray. I spray a clean microfiber towel with the Griots detail spray and wipe down the seat. Any haze is gone. I even tried Griots 3 in 1 leather cleaner/conditioner/protector hoping it wouldnt leave the white hazing in the small lines etc. However, it did. Im sure to use small amounts of conditioner and work it into the applicator pad before applying it to the seat. It seems like id need a black tinted conditioner to keep the white hazing from happening.
Does wiping down the seat with the Griots interior detailer negate the effects of using the leather conditioner on the seats? Or is the leather still getting conditioned and im just removing some "film" left over?
Any help would be great!

OP
OP
rtmozingo

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rather than start a new thread i figured id post here as it is the same topic.
I bought a new to me 2013 raptor a few weeks back. With exactly 40,000 now on the ODO the outside bolsters on the driver seat bottom (and slightly on the passenger) are showing slight lines in the leather from sliding in and out over the last 5 years. Being in AZ (dry and hot) i figured id condition the leather.
I first used Lexol leather conditioner (brown bottle). Working in small amounts of product and wiping it off with a clean towel before it fully dried. Problem is i get a very slight white haze built up in the fine lines in the leather. No matter how much i wipe it off with a clean microfiber towel the white haze remains. However, it is easily removed with some Griots interior detail spray. I spray a clean microfiber towel with the Griots detail spray and wipe down the seat. Any haze is gone. I even tried Griots 3 in 1 leather cleaner/conditioner/protector hoping it wouldnt leave the white hazing in the small lines etc. However, it did. Im sure to use small amounts of conditioner and work it into the applicator pad before applying it to the seat. It seems like id need a black tinted conditioner to keep the white hazing from happening.
Does wiping down the seat with the Griots interior detailer negate the effects of using the leather conditioner on the seats? Or is the leather still getting conditioned and im just removing some "film" left over?
Any help would be great!

I went real heavy with my conditioner last time and I've noticed as time goes on and the leather got hot more and more of the conditioner came out as white haze, easily removed with detailer, but there nonetheless. I've heard nothing but great things about Leatherique, although I've yet to buy any. Autodetailers pro and novice alike claim it is the top product you can get for leather treatment, and it looks much easier than my current routine. So I'd say go that route.

JLAKE4130

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leatherique looks like good stuff! In the demo video they really soak the seat with the rejuvenater oil. With the cloth details and perforated leather (for heated/cooling) on our raptor seat you would have to be cautious. i wouldn't want to get the oil leaking into the perforations.
I think i will order the kit and give it a shot. Thanks rtmozingo!

Scott Holcomb

Reaction score
So i want to say I intend on picking up some of the Adams Leather conditioner in the near future, however I have a half of a bottle of Honey Leather conditioner I purchased for my cowboy boots. Has anyone used the Homey brand leather conditioner on their seats or dash and have any feedback on the results?

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
rtmozingo

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So i want to say I intend on picking up some of the Adams Leather conditioner in the near future, however I have a half of a bottle of Honey Leather conditioner I purchased for my cowboy boots. Has anyone used the Homey brand leather conditioner on their seats or dash and have any feedback on the results?

Thanks in advance.

No, but I would instead get Leatherique. I ended up picking that up, as it was highly recommended, and the results were nothing less than expected. I actually did a review here: https://imgur.com/gallery/RLrYOI5

It goes on much easier than all the competitors, and is unique in the way it cleans and restores leather, coated leather included. I won't use anything else now.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

If its for boots its probably for veg tanned leather. Don't use it on your seats, its too harsh.

Scott Holcomb

Reaction score
No, but I would instead get Leatherique. I ended up picking that up, as it was highly recommended, and the results were nothing less than expected. I actually did a review here: https://imgur.com/gallery/RLrYOI5

It goes on much easier than all the competitors, and is unique in the way it cleans and restores leather, coated leather included. I won't use anything else now.
Thanks for sharing the review. That was really helpful from a leather standpoint as well as an overall detailing perspective.

I wanted to follow up and see if anyone had any feedback on protecting the "leather" on the dash and center console? I believe it is more of a vinyl product, but wanted to treat it and protect it if possible. I drove a GMC prior to this and the center console ended up developing some small cracks in the vinyl where my elbow regularly sat on it and wore it. I wanted to do everything I can to protect it now before it happens again.

Thanks again for your help.