How NOT to setup your bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rogue Racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thing Rogue Racing has an affordable and reliable bump stop kit that can be used on sprung under and sprung over applications without modification.

EcoRaptr

Reaction score
Good thing Rogue Racing has an affordable and reliable bump stop kit that can be used on sprung under and sprung over applications without modification.

Then why do mine come in contact with the stock leafs?f30e5db0a7f1e146ed678ec2e78105d4.jpg7d0ef8b6be79f2177d52888c53f85f68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In this case is the spring the issue or is it the bump stop? How would you go about adjusting that bump? It looks like the RPG kit which is not adjustable.

The RPG Bumpstop kit comes with two different "pads" for the Bumpstops…...Need to use the longer one so contact with the springs is made sooner.

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In what application would the shorter pads be used?

I asked the same question! Never got an answer.
In many trips to Baja, with the short pads, I notice that the top of the springs/ Ubolts were bottoming out on the frame, also putting load on the shocks leading to shock mount failures.

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In many trips to Baja, with the short pads, I notice that the top of the springs/ Ubolts were bottoming out on the frame, also putting load on the shocks leading to shock mount failures.

I'm thinking my shock mounts should be in good shape (RST16) but makes me wonder if sprung under would help alleviate this issue.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The shorter pads are used for every day driving and heavy off-roading because they come standard with the kit. The longer ones are ONLY supposed to be used when carrying a heavy load, but most Raptor shops do NOT recommend you use your bump stops for towing purposes.

The two best options for towing are the RoadMaster active suspension or SuperSprings that mount on top of your leafs. They both should be removed when doing heavy off roading and the Roadmasters are much easier to put on and take off.

https://activesuspension.com/products/kits/2010-2016-ford-raptor/

https://www.supersprings.com/shop/ssa28/

Attachments

• Active Suspension.png
    Active Suspension.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 40
  • SuperSprings.png
    SuperSprings.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited: