Checking in and question about bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hjmpanzr

Reaction score
I’ve been reading on the FRF for a while so I thought I’d check in. I bought a 2019 Raptor Ruby Red about two years ago with about 20K miles. Now it has 52K. The obligatory pic:
TbUiXhC.jpg

I thought the truck was completely stock. However, I recently got under the truck to inspect the OEM fox shocks to see if they needed replacement/rebuild. My plan was to pick up an extra set of shocks so I can swap out shocks and send my current ones in for a rebuild without having the truck down and I’m anticipating the need for replacement leaf springs (probably deavers) at some point but I’d rather not do the leaf springs until it’s necessary. For now, the truck is still level with off-roading gear (RPG rack for vertical tires, two spares, PE jack, Maxtraxs, pelican case with tools and recovery gear) and me and passengers.

Anyway, I didn’t notice any problems with the OEM shocks, but I did notice this where the factory bump stops should be:
fQSJ4tD.jpg
hAWhS0b.jpg

I’m not sure what these are but it’s clearly not the factory bump stops. Any idea what these are?

I thought about replacing whatever these are with factory bump stops but from what I’ve read the factory bump stops do not offer much protection. I off road with some frequency but nothing too serious in East TN. Occasionally go to the dunes or on the occasional raptor run. I have not intentionally jumped the truck as it’s my daily driver. Should I just skip the factory bump stops and pick up the RPG bump stop kit?

OP
OP
H

hjmpanzr

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

Rear springs are looking flat which makes sense with the weight you have in the back. I'd look at +2 Devers with SVC bump stops.
I was hoping to put off deavers till next year but it’s probably one of those things I’ll replace and kick myself for not doing it earlier.
Is there a functional difference between RPG and SVC? The SVC is about $400 more. Is it just minor fit/finish?

OP
OP
H

hjmpanzr

Reaction score
morning..........

ah the open air bump stops. looks like someonereverted back to oem before selling the truck and didnt put the oem bump pads back on
That’s what I was thinking. I just have no idea what he had on there. I don’t think I broke whatever it was (we have bottomed out a couple of times) because I would think the bolt would have been damaged.
Seems like he couldn’t part with the bump stops and the raptor floor mats (those were missing too - the dealer gave me a discount on the standard ford f-150 mats).

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I was hoping to put off deavers till next year but it’s probably one of those things I’ll replace and kick myself for not doing it earlier.
Is there a functional difference between RPG and SVC? The SVC is about $400 more. Is it just minor fit/finish?

SVC is adjustable which will allow room for future modifications.