GEN 2 How do I install BD S2 Reverse lights into both upfitter switch and reverse gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USCxGAMECOCK

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I bought the Baja Designs S2 reverse light kit. I want to connect them in such a way that they'll come on when I put it in reverse and also have the independence if I want to turn them on with an upfitter switch. Is that possible? I don't know much about electrical so I feel confident I could do either one of these, but not both together.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need better Reverse Lighting

go to this thread above and read towards end of thread. I dont know how to post the link.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I bought the Baja Designs S2 reverse light kit. I want to connect them in such a way that they'll come on when I put it in reverse and also have the independence if I want to turn them on with an upfitter switch. Is that possible? I don't know much about electrical so I feel confident I could do either one of these, but not both together.

It can be done. You will need to install a diode (one way current flow device) in each of the power wires to prevent blowing fuses. Visit radio shack for 12-15VDC diodes.

OP
OP
USCxGAMECOCK

USCxGAMECOCK

Reaction score
It can be done. You will need to install a diode (one way current flow device) in each of the power wires to prevent blowing fuses. Visit radio shack for 12-15VDC diodes.

Are there any generic diagrams you know of? I don't want you searching around all over the internet, but if you had something you could reference me too that'd be awesome!

I'm not going to lie, there wasn't much in there that helped me out. I think i've actually checked that thread out before. I appreciate your help though.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Way to show your age :)... Radio shack is long gone my friend (ohhh how I used to love Radio shack back when they actually sold electronic diodes and resistors and what not)

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there any generic diagrams you know of? I don't want you searching around all over the internet, but if you had something you could reference me too that'd be awesome!...

You should just google diodes and take it from there. I didn’t realize radio shack had tanked nation wide.... LOL

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Radio Shack is gone man. Someone bought the name (one of the cell carriers i think) so they just sell mainly cell phones and electronics now. It's not like when we were *cough* growing up where you'd walk in and pick up a killer bread board kit and all the diodes and accessories you needed to build anything you wanted.

Ahh those were the days

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Radio Shack is gone man. Someone bought the name (one of the cell carriers i think) so they just sell mainly cell phones and electronics now. It's not like when we were *cough* growing up where you'd walk in and pick up a killer bread board kit and all the diodes and accessories you needed to build anything you wanted.

Ahh those were the days

Yeah those were the days when most people actually knew how to do things with their hands other than ********** and play video games... LOL

RRick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
B30569AC-F341-4EF6-9BDD-03A9C198228F.jpeg I order this today. Road master 790. Think it will work, more expensive than a couple of diodes but only about $17