Hollister Hills Rec Area? Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by mr_beaverhousen, Sep 19, 2017.

1. mr_beaverhousen

mr_beaverhousen Full Access Member

I'm thinking of trying this park out but was wondering if anyone has done it? I'm a complete novice so not looking for something crazy and would like some trail recommendations. And yes I would be pretty upset if my five-month-old truck has a giant gash in the aluminum body or comes out completely scratched up. Is the Raptor too wide for the trails?

Wayneswa likes this.
  2. The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company aka nosbusa Supporting Vendor

its more suited for quads and dirt bikes. there is a truck/4x4 area, but its small. if you are looking for some offroading, theres an event just outside reno next month

3. gryGhst17

gryGhst17 Full Access Member

I'm going with 2 other guys on 9/30. Pm if you wanna join

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. bigrig

bigrig Full Access Member

Ha beat me to it! Yeah come with us on 9/30! I have been to Hollister a few times, and it is true, it is more for jeeps and smaller trucks but I have had fun there in the past. It is a lot closer than pismo svra or nevada's BLM land so it makes for a good quick day trip. All are welcome, we can widen the trails a bit :)

gryGhst17 likes this.
  5. RAPTERRIER

RAPTERRIER Full Access Member

Hollister is for the dirt bikes mainly.

6. Hemkin57

Hemkin57 Member

It is a fun day trip but it is definitely tight. You will end up with some Sierra pin striping added to your truck. I recommend going up to the Hector Heights overlook. Pretty cool view up there. The raptor is good to go on the green and blue trails. The blacks were a little too hairy for my taste (since I was rolling solo). I am busy on the 30th but would love to go with other raptors sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. mr_beaverhousen

mr_beaverhousen Full Access Member

@bigrig @gryGhst17 @Hemkin57. Would be great to meet up but I have a wedding that I have to go to on 09/30. If you guys go again let me know as I would love to meet up with fellow owners as well.

If anyone knows of any good fire roads in the South Bay/Monterey area that aren't too crazy solo would appreciate the info.