High mileage owners please check in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much appreciated. Finding a disproportionate number of failures on rearmost cylinders right around the same mileage but just as many on random cylinders at random mileage (and likely many more that it hasn't happened to at all). Valve spring roulette for now heh.

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much appreciated. Finding a disproportionate number of failures on rearmost cylinders right around the same mileage but just as many on random cylinders at random mileage (and likely many more that it hasn't happened to at all). Valve spring roulette for now heh.
No doubt. It would’ve cost me WAY less money if I had changed mine at 189k!

Stew_Magoo

Reaction score
Rolled over 200,000 today. Did it driving up a dirt road mountain pass on my way to a cool trail that leads way back to an awesome water fall. Trail has a pretty stout gatekeeper at the front, made it down the easy line well with help from a good spotter. Found a couple mud puddles to splash in. Great day up in the mountains. Love this truck!

20210822_065315.jpg20210822_074254.jpg20210822_152550.jpg

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Steve Vaughn 2012 with 409K. Normal maintenance, plugs and coil packs and a couple of O2 sensors. Original motor and no trans rebuilds.

Also Walter Burch has over 340K miles on his Roushcharged Raptor

1629757691213.png

1629757856188.png

Last edited:

40oz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it’s been a few months since I chimed in on this thread. I Bought my 2013 SCREW new in 2013 and by April of this year had put 191K on it.

A broken valve spring and a dropped valve trashed the motor, so I had to make a decision: park it in the boneyard OR pump some cash into it and keep driving it. Really wasn’t a hard call. My Gen 1 is a member of the family and I plan on driving it for a long time.

After having a new Ford reman 6.2 installed in June, then installing the JDM 700HP Whipple kit last weekend, I can say that @B E N is 100% correct. It’s very drivable and almost unnoticeable around town and cruising down the highway. But, when called upon, it is a hard pulling beast and is definitely intoxicating!

Honestly, I was surprised and a little disappointed that it had such a major failure at 191k, but sometimes things just break no matter how well they’re maintained. The bright side is that it gave me a reason to upgrade the things I’ve always wanted to, and it should be good to go for another 150-200k.
Who did your tuning? I am still going strong on my 6.2, but I already know that when the motor goes, I will be following this same path. Did you do anything to trans / rear end?

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who did your tuning? I am still going strong on my 6.2, but I already know that when the motor goes, I will be following this same path. Did you do anything to trans / rear end?
I went with JDM and am very happy with it. Trans was rebuilt when the new motor was installed since it was easier to do while everything was out. Had to replace inner pinion bearing around 125K, so went ahead and replaced all bearings in the rear diff while I was in there.

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Steve Vaughn 2012 with 409K. Normal maintenance, plugs and coil packs and a couple of O2 sensors. Original motor and no trans rebuilds.

Also Walter Burch has over 340K miles on his Roushcharged Raptor

View attachment 316919

View attachment 316920

That is amazing and encouraging! I’m at 139k on a serialized 2013 Roush Stage II. I just had Shocks By Hammer rebuild all four, but aside from that, I’ve recently replaced driveshaft U joints and recharged the A/C (must buy a small leak somewhere as the last charge was good for two years).

I have an oil change coming up and am going to put in new diff oil and drain and fill transmission fluid. I’ll be replacing ball joints in the coming 5-10k as well. My wife was very supportive of this work once she heard how much another truck would cost (I’d be waiting for a Raptor R or TRX, the ecoboost runs great but…)!

Tim_Robison

Reaction score
Any high mileage owners mind checking in with more major problems (if any) you might have run into in the post 75k up range

I thought it would help out others that are looking to buy/prepare for the future!

Besides oil changes and other normal checks...

Just got a 4th set of tires

Average 25k per set
1st- stock bfg KO
2nd- Nitto trail grapplers (personal favorite for my location with on/off-road use)
3rd- Mickey Thompson Baja claw (would not recommend at all)
Current- Nitto Terra grappler g2

I personally had a sensor go bad on my trans and had to do a full rebuild of my trans. @82k

Update-- on the transmission, it was fully rebuilt and when ford put it back the seal wasn't good between the transmission and the transfer case and it destroys my transfer case. Long story short I payed for it, didn't want to start a month long war with the dealer.

Bad power steering pump (audible whine references in other forums over the problem) @80k

Update-- on the steering- they replaced every part associated with power steering, I never really found out why but they did. No more noise though.

Had my brake pads fall out one time on the interstate (pretty horrific, destroyed the calipers and rotors) @~~30k

Update-- after this isolated incident no other notable issues.

Changed spark plugs @82k

Upcoming would be shocks. Rebuild or upgrade to come.

No other notable problems

Still love the truck and every time a problem comes up I've been quick to fix it

2013 screw 84k miles
both on and off road use

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
What do you think you did that transmission to make a drop out? Did you push it hard? I was going about 65 mph down the dirt road in my power steering has stopped today (75000 miles) Looks like I’m going to RPG And a new steering pump! Thanks for posting this