High mileage owners please check in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once you've gone boost you won't think so highly of a "bigger" NA engine (a 6.6l is only 6.5% larger). You are going to spend the cost of a whipple to get the Livernois block, , then spend more money on cams, then again what the short block would cost you on head porting for a ~20% hp gain

Put the blower on, run 10psi and make 70% more power over stock, with no big drop in fuel efficiency and no change in low speed drivability. It's a huge win. Your maintenance will be less with a supercharged engine than it will be a stroker engine. Run good filtration and your dust concerns are invalidated.

The Whipples are transparent until you hit the bypass valve threshold, then they feed in. If you hammer it the power is there, its just like having an engine that is 70% larger. Think 10.6l of displacement, beats 6.6l all day every day. And only there when you ask for it.

The Whipple noise is never boring.

Blower power is intoxicating, it is always there, it turns a nice cruising vehicle into something that simply devours a journey.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for you fellas...for someone that does not want to rebuild OR look for a used low mileage motor....

What's are the preferred alternatives
-Ordering crate motor from ford
-livernois powerstorm 6.2 pro series short block
-any other vendor ?

Thankyou in advance

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this one? I was wondering if Jasper had one. Had a Jasper 351 put in my 92 back in the day and it’s still going as my brother is the owner of it now.

BDCD09C6-0099-43B7-96BC-14721AB032BC.png

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for you fellas...for someone that does not want to rebuild OR look for a used low mileage motor....

What's are the preferred alternatives
-Ordering crate motor from ford
-livernois powerstorm 6.2 pro series short block
-any other vendor ?

Thankyou in advance

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Oh does NOT. My bad

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's more than the warrantied shortblock costs direct from Ford. If you don't need the heads I would just go through Ford. Take the heads to your local machine shop for reconditioning, porting if your up for the cost and stick it on the short block. A set of heads is MUCH easier/cheaper to recon than a shortblock is. Even if you have to do valves/seals/keepers/springs/locks its still not crazy, and most shops are perfectly competent at completing valve jobs, guide replacement or whatever else might need done.

There are also always listings on Car-Part.com for super duty short blocks with very low miles. I like working with car-part because they put me in touch with a local vendor, I get warranty on whatever the parts are, and an actual human being. Once your connected to your local guy you have a source.

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe this one? I was wondering if Jasper had one. Had a Jasper 351 put in my 92 back in the day and it’s still going as my brother is the owner of it now.

View attachment 165108
I looked at the same one last week. Just an FYI - according to the Item Specifics in the listing, those pics are stock images and not the actual motor being purchased. Not saying anything negative about the seller, but I'd want pics of the actual item being purchased before I pulled the trigger.