Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if I can ever get my truck back from the dealer for the front passenger fender flair light out (having to trace the wire????) I have both the goose design parts ordered and the separate individual sccm, column mechanism, and the digital temp HVAC control. Definitely gonna give that the best effort to get working and will report back. Just need truck back.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. Tons of research on this over the last 1-2 days including contact with a very highly skilled and experienced Ford "inside-guy".

The correct HVAC (no digital read out, with HSW, heated/cooled seats) is NL3T-18C612-TB, but will likely be sold under PN NL3Z-19980-S. This appears to be a very low availability part.

The HVAC that failed to take writing goes by two PNs: ML3Z-19980-K and ML3T-18C612-DE. Again, this part with digital temp readout would NOT accept programming from Forscan. Suggest that you do NOT buy. That being said, there is a whole thread of F-150 owners at various trim levels who have had success with this PN (https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...vac-control-knobs-for-2023-f-150.14077/page-4). Note that they were not installing it to take advantage of HSW, per se, but just to bring back digital temp readout. I am not sure why they had success and we have not, or if the error we are encountering can be overcome with advanced programming tools other than Forscan.

The correct SCCM PN, I am less confident about. I am pretty sure it is ML3Z-3F791-BB. What I can say confidently is that you should NOT order the clock spring only (ML3Z-14A664-B) as it seems MY23 Raptors almost all have missing pins on the back of the housing itself, and the whole assembly is needed.

No harness, replacement steering wheel, or additional wires are needed. Replacement steering wheel almost 100% not necessary, as most everyone who has disassembled has found that they already have the correct steering wheel with the heating element.

I think the best value is the boostedgreygoosedesigns kit with everything included. It also comes with detailed instructions. I see NO reason not to use this kit.

This is my current executive summary lol. Good luck. Happy to answer any questions I'm able to moving forward.
Extremely helpful and about where I'm at as well in regards to BGGD kit. I might hold out for the year though being on the tail end of winter and hopefully by later this year part availability is better and maybe somebody figures out how to get digital knobs working Not a huge deal but if I'm ripping apart the dash I only want to do it once and sure would be nice to add the digital climate buttons.

Chop96

Reaction score
Anyone have a source for the non-digital HVAC unit (p/n NL3Z-19980-S) for a not stupid price? BGGD is out of stock, and anyone else I have found is over $400.
:cheers:

MZRaptor

Reaction score
Anyone have a source for the non-digital HVAC unit (p/n NL3Z-19980-S) for a not stupid price? BGGD is out of stock, and anyone else I have found is over $400.
:cheers:
I bit the bullet and bought from Fairway. Just hoping they can fulfill the order and it’s not on back order. On Friday when I was inquiring I was told it was very low availability.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my full BGG kit today w/HVAC, working up the courage to tackle this DIY.

I am not worried about the electronics or bolted components, its breaking that damn clip on trim that scares me.....

writing up my notes.... Does anyone know what the stock temp and runtime duration settings are, apparently ford has 16 different options for temp and 8 different runtimes to pick from

MZRaptor

Reaction score
Got my full BGG kit today w/HVAC, working up the courage to tackle this DIY.

I am not worried about the electronics or bolted components, its breaking that damn clip on trim that scares me.....

writing up my notes.... Does anyone know what the stock temp and runtime duration settings are, apparently ford has 16 different options for temp and 8 different runtimes to pick from
When you pull your as built you should be able to see default I think.

SuperSafety

Reaction score
I have the boosted house kit with HVAC panel. More than enough courage and skill to get it done.
The issue I’ve got: Forscan won’t read the truck. I get the “can not identify vehicle contact developers.”

Please put out what the dealer does for you. My local dealers can’t figure it out.

MZRaptor

Reaction score
I have the boosted house kit with HVAC panel. More than enough courage and skill to get it done.
The issue I’ve got: Forscan won’t read the truck. I get the “can not identify vehicle contact developers.”

Please put out what the dealer does for you. My local dealers can’t figure it out.
Possibly an adapter problem? Just a guess. Which one are you using?