OEM G3 Rear Under Seat Storage Retrofit Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate that the fold flat storage is now included in almost every option. It folds but its not flat. I had it on my 22' Raptor and now the Super Duty. I wouldn't have bought the Super Duty if I were still traveling with my dog frequently.

It does secure my smaller Milwaukee packout cases nicely though.

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended pulling the storage unit, backing the mounting bolts down, filling in with some scrap pad/carpet and putting in the weathertech mat. In hindsight I wish I would have ordered the OEM full mat from Ford. The Weathertech has great coverage but it’s not as easy to take in and out as the ford one was. IMG_8942.jpeg

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is there a reason you couldn’t just use a bolt from the top to secure the storage unit into the threaded holes? Instead of the stud and nut setup done at the factory?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is there a reason you couldn’t just use a bolt from the top to secure the storage unit into the threaded holes? Instead of the stud and nut setup done at the factory?

I do not remember if the head of the bolt will fit in the hole, but if it doesn't you could use one that does. I don't see why not.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it will defiantly work. I think they use studs for easy install at the factory. Note, When I removed my studs the right side came right out but the left side over the fuel tank was hitting something, possibly the tank itself, I never did recover that one. lol