Godzilla 7.3 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Easier to find a 7.3 over the 6.2 right?
I guess so- if you are willing to pay big money for a new engine. Used 7.3Ls are rare as of now. The 6.8L will be more common since it's the new base engine.

If I need a new engine in my 6.2L Raptor, I'm rebulding the one I have.

If it's so far gone that I can't use the block/crank, I'll get a junkyard 6.2L from one of the millions of Fords that were built with them, and rebuild that engine.

Nobody will build your engine better than you, assuming you know how to build one. The assembly process of all Ford engines are fully documented by Ford, there are no mysteries.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess so- if you are willing to pay big money for a new engine. Used 7.3Ls are rare as of now. The 6.8L will be more common since it's the new base engine.

If I need a new engine in my 6.2L Raptor, I'm rebulding the one I have.

If it's so far gone that I can't use the block/crank, I'll get a junkyard 6.2L from one of the millions of Fords that were built with them, and rebuild that engine.

Nobody will build your engine better than you, assuming you know how to build one. The assembly process of all Ford engines are fully documented by Ford, there are no mysteries.
Soooo if I don't know how to build one start now?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Soooo if I don't know how to build one start now?
??? Buy tools, assemble per Ford's instructions. You can start now, sure. It's the first time for everyone at some point.

Other humans rebuild engines all the time, it's not that hard to do. It only takes basic tools, time and attention. Again, nobody will spend more time and pay more attention than the owner of said engine.

Bearing clearances, ring gap and cam timing are the only "difficult" things, and they are not very difficult. It's literally just a matter of assembling parts per the instructions. Overblown Ikea project...

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
??? Buy tools, assemble per Ford's instructions. You can start now, sure. It's the first time for everyone at some point.

Other humans rebuild engines all the time, it's not that hard to do. It only takes basic tools, time and attention. Again, nobody will spend more time and pay more attention than the owner of said engine.

Bearing clearances, ring gap and cam timing are the only "difficult" things, and they are not very difficult. It's literally just a matter of assembling parts per the instructions. Overblown Ikea project...
I'm pretty good with Lego Technics and I'm about to be a full time dad and part time CEO. Wish I had a shop to actually tinker with it, maybe I wouldn't have a 53 Willys sitting in pieces then. But an engine could be done in the extra garage

StevenStarke

Reaction score
Does anyone coyote swap these trucks? I feel like that would be real nice, either with a blower or even TT. Those motors perform so well.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone coyote swap these trucks? I feel like that would be real nice, either with a blower or even TT. Those motors perform so well.
A company called Apex 74 offers a “swap” for $60k. And that’s just for a stock 5.0. They’ll add a supercharger for another $20k so you can be sure to destroy your $80k investment ;)

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A company called Apex 74 offers a “swap” for $60k. And that’s just for a stock 5.0. They’ll add a supercharger for another $20k so you can be sure to destroy your $80k investment ;)

:shakehead:

yeah gotta keep it nice for the next guy.. you paid $80k???

thats probably the most absurd thing ive read on here..

a new crate engine, new crate transmission and then integrated as OEM using OEM modules and retaining all OEM features is a pretty sound investment for those that want the performance and have the means..

seems the price has gone up as of late, but what hasnt?