Livernois 6.6L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A while back on here, I reported that I had a miss. Turned out to be the rings on cylinder 7 are not holding compression. Leaking through to the crankcase.

I started looking into short block 6.2's -- I got laughed at.

Livernois has a 2 week lead time on the 6.6L, so that's really my own feasible option. How much boost can one run with the 6.6L? I believe they said a 2.875" pulley is what they tune with. Can I go down to 2.75"? I plan to run 93 octane or possibly run 91 octane and spray a little methanol to keep my octane up.

The whipple kit, I had bought the 700 hp kit from JDM. That has the bigger injectors and bigger throttle body.

My current mods on the 6.2L: 2.9L Whipple, Cat back SW exhaust, aftermarket drive shaft and traction bars.

I will need to swap the whipple over to the 6.6L. Are there any gaskets or seals that I need to order when swapping over?
I am going to install a new alternator before the whipple goes on.
What else do I need to prep for on the motor swaps?
I am going to have a performance shop do the swap.

Is anyone running a 6.6L on E85? I have questions on that. I have a hellcat converted to E85, so I'm familiar with that process (injectors + fuel pumps).. Didn't know if anyone out there has a flex fuel kit for these? I was able to gain about 120 whp on my hellcat when going from 93 octane to E85.

Thank You.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed my order today. Livernois 6.6L long block. I did add on the 8 rib belt upgrade kit. That comes with a 2.875 pulley for the 2.9L whipple and also an oversized ATI crank pulley. I should be around 16-17 psi of boost. With a 93 octane tune, this should push around 630 whp.

I have SW cat back exhaust. I believe that I need to upgrade to some LT headers.

Would you all go with SW LT with their CATs or go with 1 7/8” ARH with their CATs.

If it was up to me, the cats would be removed (off-road vehicle) and turn off the codes for the CEL. Livernois was very clear on not disabling any emission codes, even for off-road.

If anyone is curious, to purchase the long block with 8 rib upgrade kit, plus freight, plus tuner, plus shipping crate, plus engine stand, plus 3 set of filters and oil for break in, $24,500.00.

Lead time is 4-5 weeks to have the engine ready to ship.

If anyone is interested, I’d like to find a new home for the engine being removed. 85000 miles. Rings are shot.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The beast is back home. Holy hell. Filled up with E85 after starting and testing with 93 octane. Damn.

Dyno appointment is 02/02/23.

Videos to come.

I did pull up against a Gen 2 and at 55 mph I punched it. Hold on!! He caught up after I let off in 5th and gave me a thumbs up.

She’s beastly sounding at 1/2 to wide open throttle.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I placed my order today. Livernois 6.6L long block. I did add on the 8 rib belt upgrade kit. That comes with a 2.875 pulley for the 2.9L whipple and also an oversized ATI crank pulley. I should be around 16-17 psi of boost. With a 93 octane tune, this should push around 630 whp.

I have SW cat back exhaust. I believe that I need to upgrade to some LT headers.

Would you all go with SW LT with their CATs or go with 1 7/8” ARH with their CATs.

If it was up to me, the cats would be removed (off-road vehicle) and turn off the codes for the CEL. Livernois was very clear on not disabling any emission codes, even for off-road.

If anyone is curious, to purchase the long block with 8 rib upgrade kit, plus freight, plus tuner, plus shipping crate, plus engine stand, plus 3 set of filters and oil for break in, $24,500.00.

Lead time is 4-5 weeks to have the engine ready to ship.

If anyone is interested, I’d like to find a new home for the engine being removed. 85000 miles. Rings are shot.
630 WHP is pretty stout. Saw a dyno vid on YT of the Raptor R and it put down 580 at the tires.

Nobody can do any emissions defeat anymore, the EPA has been handing out fines. You can make plenty of power with cats, it just costs more.

If you are running a screw or roots blower, longtubes really won't do much for you (other than sounding 100% bad ass). Longtubes can be an issue with tuning, since you have to move the O2 sensors.

Postive displacement blowers are very insensitive to exhaust restrictions. You would see some small gains with long tubes, but not like you would on a N/A engine. You want to go big on the intake though- the T/B, tubing and air filters are critical with a turned up PD blower. Spend your money at the front end of the blower.

Suprised they don't offer a 10 rib setup over the 8.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

On the flex tune, I should be low 700’s. If not approaching mid 700. I’ll find out next week for sure on the dyno.

The headers and GESI cats did make the exhaust much louder, but in a good way. I had SW cat back exhaust installed when I upgraded to the whipple. Traction control is useless. But with the windows down and getting on it, not only does it sound bad ass, but it pulls hard with you pinned in the seat.

Reminds me of how the monster trucks sound at an arena.

I’ll post videos next week.

I had the JDM stage 2 whipple kit. About the only parts reused was the throttle body from their stage 2 kit. Can I get anything bigger than that?

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome build. Whipple does make a larger billet throttle body. I believe it’s a dual 67mm vs. the FRPP dual 65mm. You may need a tune revision though for idle and drivability though. There used to be a mono blade throttle body option that was even bigger, but I think a lot of folks had surging issues with it due to how much air it let in even with minor changes in throttle position.