Godzilla 7.3 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your co-workers must really love you.. Talk about an angry person LOL.

More insults again. As usual.
Let’s see who initiated the conversation unprovoked, as usual:
It's almost like someone that has a salary deriving from failures of Ford products might have an interest in downplaying the problematic engines while also deriding the reliable engines. The problem engines consistantly bring in big dollar, out of warranty jobs.
You talk so much trash that you can’t remember what you even posted.
"False narratives". What are you even talking about?
Look at the vast majority of your comments in the Gen 2 and 3 forums. You do nothing but fear monger and insinuate that people are doomed unless they bought a Gen 1.
Is it a false narrative that a n/an engine is inherently more reliable than a turbo engine- given, you know the lack of turbos to fail? Never replaced a single turbo on my n/a V8s (go figure). Every turbo engine I've owned has eventually had one or more turbos replaced in the time I've owned it. Light blue haze at startup.

You fail to acknowledge the added complexity of a turbo system leads to more failures. Simply "maintaining it" does not change that.
Well apparently you buy poorly maintained - or just plain old - vehicles. That is not indicative of the larger population in any way.

As far as reliability, you can’t claim differences based simply on part count. By your logic, a BMW M5 V10 is less problematic than a Neon SRT-4 because one has a turbo and the other doesn’t. That’s simply ridiculous.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate to rain on your parade there chief, but all new Ford engines are SAE Certified. Meaning the true output is 430HP and 475 lb-ft per the SAE standard. Independent dynos will vary, but they certainly aren’t gaining 89 HP and 111 lb-ft of torque from a set of Long Tubes.
Yeah totally impossible..

OP
OP
Canuck714

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have read that it plays reasonably “nice” as well. I think palm beach dyno has been working on it as well as some others. Seems that the harder part of that is telling it to read one cam sensor opposed to two. I believe a few sensors are direct swaps.

Only thing I’m not pumped about is needing to run a 90* fitting on the oil filter to relocate it around the rear crossmember. I guess a positive is that the 6.2 oil cooler will work though.
Unfortunately Rob Shoemaker is no longer at PBD and he was the one I was talking to about using the "Copperhead ECU" (Our 2011-14 6.2 ECU) to run the Godzilla and keep all the other functions.
There is a guy out in Utah that I spoke to that was also able to do it, so there is hope... He also has a machined flywheel that lets us keep the 6.2 crank trigger and maintain that part of the harness.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately Rob Shoemaker is no longer at PBD and he was the one I was talking to about using the "Copperhead ECU" (Our 2011-14 6.2 ECU) to run the Godzilla and keep all the other functions.
There is a guy out in Utah that I spoke to that was also able to do it, so there is hope... He also has a machined flywheel that lets us keep the 6.2 crank trigger and maintain that part of the harness.
dibs on your 6.2 motor. i want to sell it to @MurderedOutSVT. hurry up and do the swap so i can have it

doktor

Reaction score
After wading through this long post, a couple of points.
Texas Speed and Performance has a ton of stuff for the Godzilla. Ported heads, camshafts, headers, intakes, etc.

The YouTube channel CleetusMcFarland has a Godzilla in an old Fox body Mustang that is built and uses twin turbos and has run a best time of 7.50 in the Qtr mile.

They spent a ton of time throwing boost and power at it to see what popped first. The torque to yield head bolts wasn't happy with almost 30 lbs of boost and the head gaskets let go.

Now in a much heavier Raptor, it wouldn't be nearly as fast but, you could build a nice 7.3 that would be truck-friendly and still make a ton of power.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, they can swap the 7.3 into almost anything as long as you can run a stand alone system.
The challenge is keeping the 11-14 CAN-BUS and all the modules talking to each other.
The longer the 7.3 is out, there will be more and more aftermarket support for the motor and swaps into other vehicles that require electronics to run. When I see that there are 7.3L Godzillas going into our beloved Gen 1 Raptor with few issues, I'll be seriously considering it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter