Godzilla 7.3 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
REVan Evan released a video yesterday with the ford performance intake as an official release. Same intake on the megazilla. Pretty cool

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are plenty; RMB, Mountune, Livernois, etc. Not hard to find, and they hold stay together just fine. They’re fully forged short blocks. Not sure why are you so skeptical.

It was simply an example. EcoBoost swaps are everywhere, just google it.

Are you kidding lol? There is huge aftermarket support for EcoBoost platforms, many in addition to the companies mentioned above. There’s constant discussions on here about mods; turbos, manifolds, HPFPs, etc.

Ok. And?

417lbs is straight from the OEM, Ford.
:emotions34:

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Here is the video. He discusses the issue with swapping such a new engine.

I personally think this could be a good swap for a lot of trucks once things get ironed out.

saw this truck in action at prerunner invasion.. def the meanest sounding truck out there.. shook the ground as it went by, as any big cube engine does.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the hunt for Flow # I found similar problems. Not a lot of guys building them. I called a close friend Accrost the country. He builds Ford only. With hopes he has had one on the bench. He laughed at me politely and said "what NO." and went on to ask what my crazy brain was building now. LOL well he dose know me. Long story short he has never had 3.5 head on the Flo bench. I have a couple more calls out we will see what I find.
I have found Lots add ons turbos,. intakes, I am confident there is someone out there. I have TONS of friends in the HP world one of them Knows something. Might take a min every call takes a hour catching up.LOL

OP
OP
Canuck714

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For my needs, I have no desire for the 3.5. It does its job in G2-3, but I don't want one.
1. It is easier to swap a 7.3 into a G1 as the Copperhead ECU in my truck that can be tricked to run the single cam 7.3
2. I don't want turbos when I am down in Baja running crap Pemex fuel.
3. A simple cam swap and the 7.3 is 600hp/600tq on pump gas. Even dumbed down to run Pemex its making more than 500. Perfect for running silt beds and sustained load/heat situations.
4. its lighter than the 6.2 it replaces so that's a win in a G1
5. Its a bad **** V8...

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For my needs, I have no desire for the 3.5. It does its job in G2-3, but I don't want one.
1. It is easier to swap a 7.3 into a G1 as the Copperhead ECU in my truck that can be tricked to run the single cam 7.3
2. I don't want turbos when I am down in Baja running crap Pemex fuel.
3. A simple cam swap and the 7.3 is 600hp/600tq on pump gas. Even dumbed down to run Pemex its making more than 500. Perfect for running silt beds and sustained load/heat situations.
4. its lighter than the 6.2 it replaces so that's a win in a G1
5. Its a bad **** V8...
Been noticing that they are having some lifter issues, but Revan Evan and Brian Wolf? Have found some lifters that run in hemi, LS, and 7.3 that are good to go.

602Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is all great info. I have a classic (1966) mustang and have been following a few builds using the Godzilla. It seems like a great engine and I'd love to see a kit to ease the installation in a Gen 1 Raptor. The electronics seem to be the scariest part. I have read that there are places buying Ford Vans, electrifying them, ands selling the take out 7.3's very reasonably. I really hope this gains some ground.

OP
OP
Canuck714

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been noticing that they are having some lifter issues, but Revan Evan and Brian Wolf? Have found some lifters that run in hemi, LS, and 7.3 that are good to go.
I think the lifter issues are isolated to the extended idling on commercial vehicles and the variable oil pump running too low of pressure in that scenario.
Its only a handful of issues. Manton, Crower, Jessel all make a replacement

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the lifter issues are isolated to the extended idling on commercial vehicles and the variable oil pump running too low of pressure in that scenario.
Its only a handful of issues. Manton, Crower, Jessel all make a replacement
Good point, as most of the videos I saw revelry were commercial vehicles. Wonder if it is related to the variable displacement oil pump?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good point, as most of the videos I saw revelry were commercial vehicles. Wonder if it is related to the variable displacement oil pump?
The variable displacement oil pump doesn’t run lower than normal oil pressure at idle. The variability is to allow for higher pressures at under high load, low RPM conditions.