Getting my doors blown off, I don't care.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say let them try and have a piece. I am not the norm, but my Gen 1 will give many, a run for their money. It's loud enough to where I should be blowing out their ear drums under WOT.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More annoyed by small cars tailgating. Small car hits big truck - who wins? And I don’t drive slowly either.

CRNVR 2014

Reaction score
Something I've noticed since day one with the Raptor, it seems as though every pickup driver out there wants to blow my doors off. I don't consider myself a slowpolk on the road as I normally drive the speed limit + 10%. When I'm traveling on the highway and get passed by another offroad type vehicle it's like they do it with an exclamation point. Not that it matters, just an observation and I really don't care but it seems the Raptor is considered the truck to beat. Am I all wet or do others experience the same aggression from other offroad type vehicle drivers.
So, since I hate to "back down" my solution with my '14 is I ripped all the stock exhaust off from the manifold back, installed dual exhaust dump valves and rigged them to Aux 3 (needed an Open/close toggle too). Then finished the exhaust upgrade with good ole-fashioned dual cherry bombs. Instead of speed, which I know I would lose, they want to challenge me with noise. Everything from a Mustang, a 7.4 diesel rollin coal to the little rice burners. So I lure them in with my nice sounding 'bombs and when they flex I hit AUX 3 and then the Open/Close toggle, manual downshift, and hit them that beautiful straight 6.2L V8 sound. Nobody on the road can even come close, and when the cops hear the noise, I toggle back to just the sweet rumble of the the bombs and they pull over the poser. It literally makes my day!

CRNVR 2014

Reaction score
So, since I hate to "back down" my solution with my '14 is I ripped all the stock exhaust off from the manifold back, installed dual exhaust dump valves and rigged them to Aux 3 (needed an Open/close toggle too). Then finished the exhaust upgrade with good ole-fashioned dual cherry bombs. Instead of speed, which I know I would lose, they want to challenge me with noise. Everything from a Mustang, a 7.4 diesel rollin coal to the little rice burners. So I lure them in with my nice sounding 'bombs and when they flex I hit AUX 3 and then the Open/Close toggle, manual downshift, and hit them that beautiful straight 6.2L V8 sound. Nobody on the road can even come close, and when the cops hear the noise, I toggle back to just the sweet rumble of the the bombs and they pull over the poser. It literally makes my day!

Billy Mc

Reaction score
I had a similar experience with my'14 Mustang GT. It seemed like every kid with Mustang, Camaro, etc always wanted to race. Definitely gets old after a while!

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been going on for decades. Had a '70 Corvette in the '70s. Lots of drivers felt compelled to pass me. Then they'd return to my lane and slow down, so then i'd have to end up changing lanes and passing them to maintain my existing speed.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Gen 1 Race Red Roush and it attracts people with something to prove like flies to sh-t. My favorite thing to do whenever I get next to one of these people at a stoplight is to jerk forward like I’m preparing for a launch and then blast the air horn when the light turns green and stay put for a second or two.

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really get this in my Raptor but I have a C7Z06 and it never fails always some idiot wants to race the Z06. I hold a TS clearance for my job so no goofing around for me. I don't need any interaction with law enforcement. I do find it amusing and entertaining.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most drivers now a days are ret@rded. Scrolling insta etc. I've blown the doors off of various makes via sport mode and getting the hole shot . But ill never accelerate towards a red light unless i know it will change to green . Thats just low iq.

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 91' LX trunk 5.0 5 speed with GT suspension posi rear. It was a fun little car for a few years. I was probably one of the dooshers to engage the big boys on occasion.
The best looking fox’s IMO were the coupe’s with no GT body kit… should have hung onto it, it’s a rare car now! Lol