Gen 3 Common issues we are now seeing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only time I needed 4wd since I got my 23 was a creek crossing with some mud...I had almost the same thing but no issues since (I disconnected the negative terminal for 10 min).

I was hoping it was some random new truck glitch.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My transmission has been getting progressively worse and worse. MY '23 and between 1-4 I just never know if it's going to shift smoothly, or extremely rough. Going to try TCM reset and re learn, but not getting my hopes up.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was the first one of three on this run to have this happen. Mine was immediate, but not in a water crossing. It happened when trying to switch from 2WD to 4WD while moving. CEL Wrench icon and Service 4x4 Soon came upon the dash, then all drive modes were no longer available via the dial, nor was I able to adjust shocks, steering, or exhaust via the steering, and none of the 4WD selection buttons would work either.

I was able to read and clear the codes (see below), then everything came back to normal on the display, but whenever trying to put the truck in any mode that used 4WD, or pushing one of the 4WD drive selection buttons, the same thing as above would happen again.

As long as I didn't try to put the truck in 4WD either via a mode or a button, the truck was fine. So I ran it in Sport mode (2WD), traction control off, with off road suspension settings for the reminder of the run.

I've done three events to date, the previous one had many water crossings as well, but there was one main difference between that one and this past event where I lost 4WD. This past event the water crossing were nasty, muddy, fine silt, dark water. The previous event, where I did not have any issues in deep water crossings, it was clear mountain stream water. My theory is something, a sensor or connection, got dirty, really dirty, and truck did not like it.

Truck is headed to the dealer Wednesday for a service and to get this issue checked out. It's worth mentioning that since the event my truck has been cleaned and I hit the under carriage as best as I could with my pressure washer, I now intermittently can get it in and out of 4WD via buttons and modes, but it will eventually do the same as above and lose drive modes.

Here are all the codes:

U0253-00
Lost Communication w/ Accessory Protocol Interface Module

U0403-00
Invalid Data Received From Transfer Case Control Module

B162F-13
(VDM) Circuit Open

B115E-31
Camera Module

U0422-82
Invalid Data Received from Body Control Module

C06A1-11
Wheel Hub Disconnect Motor 'A' Control
Any news on the problem

OP
OP
cwickd

cwickd

Reaction score
The first person that i knew who purchased a Gen 3 had an immediate IWE/4WD issue. Ill see if he also had driver mode issues. I guess the new IWE's are "electronic junk".

G3Rap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first person that i knew who purchased a Gen 3 had an immediate IWE/4WD issue. Ill see if he also had driver mode issues. I guess the new IWE's are "electronic junk".
This is really disheartening to hear.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck spent last night at the dealer. They had to order a part... any guesses? Wait for it.... IWE issue. I asked for more details & will share when I get them. They are putting it back together right now.

My money is on my right front IWE. I was getting some crazy popping sounds from right front while pushing the truck hard in turns on my last run that we could not find. I'll update when I know more.

And as an FYI, mine is a 2022 with just over 10K miles, lots of RPG upgrades, and three awesome Raptor events with this crew https://www.theoffroadrevolution.com/ It's far from a pavement princess.

IMG_9070.jpg