Gen 3 Car Wash with 37 package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my raptors have been covered in salt-winter and water since I started driving them in 2013. They were all my daily drivers, kids hockey transports, surf trip vehicles and off-roading fun vehicles in one. Salt is not avoidable where I live. I take care of my truck and that includes taking it to a car wash to get the crap off it when I have no other options.
My man

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why? Ford puts it in the manual to handle the lowest common denominator of society for liability reasons. If you check the clearances, there is no issue with it. I quit washing my Gen 2 by hand 2 years ago once I found the car washes in my area that it fits in. I currently have 3 viable options and taking it to one of them during my lunch break today.

Using it off-road puts on way more scratches than a car wash will ever put on mine.
I wouldn't risk an auto car wash personally. I don't mine pinstriping my vehicles and have several times, but having a car wash unnecessarily damage the paint isn't the same

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Not true at all. Live in a northern state where it is below freezing for 6 months out of the year. No possible way to hand wash your car outside.
My parents live in Farmington, NY near you, I hear ya nobody washing their truck in 0 degrees -12 windchill weather. Driving a Raptor in the winter is what is great about owning it. Why not enjoy it and just try to use touchless carwashes

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My parents live in Farmington, NY near you, I hear ya nobody washing their truck in 0 degrees -12 windchill weather. Driving a Raptor in the winter is what is great about owning it. Why not enjoy it and just try to use touchless carwashes
This most of the carwashes around here are the touchless variety. I would not go through the ones with brushes.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I try to hit touchless as often as possible, pending how cold it is here in Michigan, under 10 degrees all it does is freeze afterward. Often they shutdown our touchless washes when this happens.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I've finally took delivery of my 37 Package, I'm trying to figure out how to keep it clean. I have a Brand new Fins automated car wash that I live by. Just wondering if anyone has taken their Gen 3 with the 37 package through a automated car wash. I know I should be washing it by hand, but with a busy work and life schedule just don't have the time.
I have taken mine thru the wash and no issue. A dually is an issue. I even drive my C8 thru the newer wash. I wax monthly too. It isnt a lambo

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. The only thing I tell people, even random people I don't know in the real world is to quit using the touch wash. Just do touchless.. #endswirlmarks
Unfortunately I don't have any touchless around my area. I just take it to a good detailer about twice a year for a polish.

Last edited: