Gen 3 Car Wash with 37 package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I've finally took delivery of my 37 Package, I'm trying to figure out how to keep it clean. I have a Brand new Fins automated car wash that I live by. Just wondering if anyone has taken their Gen 3 with the 37 package through a automated car wash. I know I should be washing it by hand, but with a busy work and life schedule just don't have the time.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not risk it. That’s part of owning a raptor that you accept going in. Go get it ceramic coated while it’s new. Cuts wash time way down (nothing really sticks to it) and keeps it looking new for about 3/4 years.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I've finally took delivery of my 37 Package, I'm trying to figure out how to keep it clean. I have a Brand new Fins automated car wash that I live by. Just wondering if anyone has taken their Gen 3 with the 37 package through a automated car wash. I know I should be washing it by hand, but with a busy work and life schedule just don't have the time.
I take mine through a car wash. Winters are too cold, snowy and salty here to be able to do the at home wash. Hoses don't get hooked up in the winter unless you want them to freeze. Summer time I will wash it by hand more often, but right now, the car wash works just fine. I have mine ceramic coated also so I don't go through the car wash a lot. It does make me a little nervous because I don't want to deteriorate the ceramic or scratch the surface. We just had a couple new washes built that now have the conveyer belt. Those are the only ones that fit the Raptor. The other option, to be safe, is look for a touchless wash. Some of those fit wider trucks. They just don't clean it as good.
Side note - mine is only a 35.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 37" tires are the same width as the 35" tires and overall the truck is the same width as it has been in the past so the larger tires in height will not make a difference in a typical touchless carwash. Go through them no worries.. but def recommend ceramic coating.

speed77

Reaction score
Personally- I go to a hand car wash and try to make it in once every couple of weeks. Couldn’t get my truck ceramic coated before pick up so just need to go a bit more often in the winter. I always get nervous about automatic car washes. Just feel a bit more comfortable with the hand wash.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not risk it. That’s part of owning a raptor that you accept going in. Go get it ceramic coated while it’s new. Cuts wash time way down (nothing really sticks to it) and keeps it looking new for about 3/4 years.
Why? Ford puts it in the manual to handle the lowest common denominator of society for liability reasons. If you check the clearances, there is no issue with it. I quit washing my Gen 2 by hand 2 years ago once I found the car washes in my area that it fits in. I currently have 3 viable options and taking it to one of them during my lunch break today.

Using it off-road puts on way more scratches than a car wash will ever put on mine.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops I have not washed my off-road truck by hand!!! And no ceramic coating or XPEL…. Poor truck, I even park it on the street. Guessing Ford will come and take it back!!! Noooo

Jokes aside, do whatever you feel like and as someone else mentioned check that it fits in any car washes you might use and you’ll be good.