Did you get a gen 3 37 performance package raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TRX is going into its final model year before being discontinued, then it’ll be forgotten just like the SRT10 was. The Raptor has been around for 15 years and defined the genre.

Tremor is great but a very different truck. Unless you tow heavy loads a lot, get the raptor.
lol what? That truck and the Lightning (not the fake one) are still iconic trucks to this day

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Both generations of SVT Lightings are absolutely iconic. The SRT10 was cool in its day but I never see them anymore and nobody talks about them. My friend had one back then and went through 3 transmissions. The Ram trucks of that era were junk.

TremorRaptor

Reaction score
Thank you for starting this thread and the objective opinions! Its a fantastic thread and talks to a similar dilemma for me. I also ruled out the 250, now I'm down to Raptor 37 (with an option to order an R) vs the TRX. I drove a friends TRX which is obviously much more modern in every way than my 2012 Raptor. The trx is a very compelling truck but I do need to find a Gen 3 for a test drive for a proper comparison. Just need to turn off my hearing cause the trx was beastly with a catback! Decisions decisions...

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d get a 37pp over the TRX. Especially if you get the recaros. Trx is cool and I’m not just saying that bc we’re on the frf and I own a raptor but the interior of the TRX is crap (to me). The screen has fail written all over it. But If HP means the most to you then get the TRX. Either way you can’t go wrong. All that being said, I really want a 37pp raptor.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Thank you for starting this thread and the objective opinions! Its a fantastic thread and talks to a similar dilemma for me. I also ruled out the 250, now I'm down to Raptor 37 (with an option to order an R) vs the TRX. I drove a friends TRX which is obviously much more modern in every way than my 2012 Raptor. The trx is a very compelling truck but I do need to find a Gen 3 for a test drive for a proper comparison. Just need to turn off my hearing cause the trx was beastly with a catback! Decisions decisions...
I hear you man...right there with you. I think I am leaning toward the raptor 37. I did find a TRX '21 to test drive...it was ok. Did love the exhaust and supercharger noise...but wasn't that impressed. And with the markup in pricing for the '24...I don't feel like it will retain its value at $110-120k. I think my biggest issue is just that I've had a gen 2 raptor for 5 years now and just would like something a little different. I know the raptor is the best fit for me...so I'm sure I'll get another one...but it would be nice if they had updated/changed up the interior a little more. Still an awesome truck though! Thanks for your thoughts and keep us updated on what you decide

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a 35” Gen 3 and a 37. Got to drive a TRX a few times which was nice to compare back to back. Absolutely loved the powertrain and driving experience the TRX offers but it stops there.

Raptor is the perfect all around package for day to day use while the TRX would make a great weekend fun vehicle.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Had multiple Gen 2's, and 37 Gen 3 is different level. Will never own one without the 37 package--it's that good.

Every time I get pissed at Ford for not building my R, I look hard at TRX (as recent as a few weeks ago)...yet always come to same conclusion--there is a reason there are hundreds sitting on dealer lots with discounts.

Got screwed on allocation on my 23 R, so back into the R ordering when order banks open for '24 in coming weeks. Thing I'm doing different is ordering from 3 dealers vs the 1 last time.

Net/net get the 37 you won't be unhappy I promise.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
37 package is a ripoff for an essentially a tire and sticker package. Just buy 37s after and sell your 35 tires to avoid all the dealer BS with the 37PP.