Did you get a gen 3 37 performance package raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clemsondds

Reaction score
Hey, trying to decide between trx, f250 tremor and raptor 37 package. Would love to here how you like your 37 raptor and how you decided on the 37. I currently have a gen 2 so would love to hear if someone has compared the gen 2 to a 37 pp raptor. I wish I could test drive one but there’s none near me. And any feedback on the other trucks (trx and f250) would be great as well. Thanks!!

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also considered these three. Being that the Diesel Tremor was just $10k more expensive than my current 37PP Raptor, it was a hard choice because that's every bit of $10k more truck. But in the end, I knew I wanted another Raptor given my incessant love for the Gen1 trucks. I was able to test drive many Raptors, though not a single 37PP. It couldn't literally be that much different on a day to day basis, right?

Right.

It's really not entirely different, as if you browse around here on the forums, you'll find out. Thicker shafts for the shocks, different tires, depending on what year you get you'll be forced to get a blue interior, etc. I have no regrets on getting my 37PP instead of the Diesel Tremor.

That said, people sometimes rant and rave about the TRX. People sometimes rant and rave about the Raptor. Sometimes they equally complain. I did test drive a TRX twice while searching for my 37PP, and although it was hilarious fun for both myself and the salesman, it was akin to my feeling about accelerating in my wifes Mach-E GT; it's bonkers fun for those few seconds and then it's just boring and without a soul.

I also really support Ford and their products, so there's that working against the TRX, to be honest. If I could find a Raptor R for MSRP, I'd have bought it yesterday. Just waiting for the stupidness to die down.

Chuckaroo91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check out CJC offroad's review of the Tremor suspension (or even give them a call, they are super helpful) - TLDR it's largely the same shock as the stock truck. I think its the video linked below.

I had a F350 with the full Carli Pintop kit and it was wonderful. Feel like I got a ton of offroad performance but it was ~$15K installed.

51417602126_5b80e947eb_b.jpg
Fuji GFX_F350_01
by Charles Clay, on Flickr

51385267908_f2fe946213_b.jpg
2020 F350 Carli Pintop
by Charles Clay, on Flickr

I'm in a Gen3 Raptor with 37's installed. It's more fun as a daily and given I don't tow as frequently, the F350 was overkill and the suspension rode nice but not as nice as the Gen3 Raptor.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The TRX is going into its final model year before being discontinued, then it’ll be forgotten just like the SRT10 was. The Raptor has been around for 15 years and defined the genre.

Tremor is great but a very different truck. Unless you tow heavy loads a lot, get the raptor.

MJK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went from gen 2 to gen 3 37PP. Was looking at TRX and realized its fun for a few seconds then i wake up and im in a dodge ram.

I love the 37PP. Not that the raptor is a “practical” truck but its beyond liveable and ready to go offroad. Feels way more than a 1-trick pony. Guess it depends on what you’re doing. 250 strikes me as a “work truck” for hauling or towing at the job site. Do you haul big shit over 7-8K?

Lanthas

Reaction score
I had a 2019 Gen 2 before jumping to a 2022 Gen 3 with the 37PP. I also test drove a 2022 F250 Platinum Tremor before deciding on my Gen 3. The Tremor was nice enough on the inside, especially with massaging seats and the ride height, and diesel power. Diesel trucks are pretty sweet too, but I knew I would be in for ~15-20k in mods to get it where I wanted with a full Carli setup from CJC. The F250 was very stiff, but that is expected as the F250 is a work truck at the end of the day and especially without any of the Carli mods I would want done. In the end, I decided on the Gen 3 as I do not tow much at all to warrant the added cost for the F250, and living in San Diego any of these trucks would be difficult to park almost anywhere but my house lol

The Gen 3 compared to the Gen 2 is somewhat different, but the overall ride and quality is so much better on the Gen 3. I made the jump to a Gen 3 with the 37PP because I wanted a truck that came stock with the 37s and not to end up needing to endlessly modify a truck to make it be the way I wanted for a daily that I could bash on at the dunes or down in Mexico. The Raptor is just a great truck from the factory as is, and the Gen 3 made that jump so much better.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tremor F250’s have a stiff ride, I believe the Tremor package adds the F350 rear leaf springs. If I went back to an F250 I’d snag a Lariat FX4, level it with Carli, add 37’s.

OP
OP
C

clemsondds

Reaction score
Tremor F250’s have a stiff ride, I believe the Tremor package adds the F350 rear leaf springs. If I went back to an F250 I’d snag a Lariat FX4, level it with Carli, add 37’s.
That’s interesting. Any idea why they would do that?

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s interesting. Any idea why they would do tha
My guess would be for added ride height. I’d drive a Tremor and Lariat back-to-back if you find a dealer with both and see.

FX4 still has a rear locker and skid plates. If you’re planning to level and change the tires there’s not much if any advantage to going with a Tremor.

Lanthas

Reaction score
I think the only thing you get on an F250 Tremor versus a non-Tremor package is the additional drive modes as well. Maybe these modes can be added via ForScan or something? I also don't know if this changed with the 2023+ F250s as this was back in early 2022 when I was cross shopping these. If you were set on modifying it and the price was not an issue, I'd opt for the F250 you like better of two and ship the truck to CJC for a full Carli setup lol