Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Gas mileage dropping, worried something mechanical.

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by cddawgs, Mar 23, 2019.

1. ogdobber

ogdobber Full Access Member

Dirty air filter.... That's why it's gradual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cddawgs likes this.
  2. lottp

lottp Full Access Member

Tire pressure makes a difference. It was a noticeable drop in MPG when the cold winter temps caused a normal PSI reduction for a few psi (34psi to be exact). Once I pressured back up to 38, the MPG went back to normal.

3. buyfire

buyfire Full Access Member

I was averaging around 16 when I purchased around August. When winter really hit and got cold my mileage also took a major shit. My guess is that you'll start to see it recover when all the winter gas is used up.

4. OPT PRIME

OPT PRIME Full Access Member

Pull and clean both MAP sensors. Without a catch can they WILL get covered in oil and mileage will degrade over time (mine did). Also do some calculations by hand, I found the built in meter to be quite optimistic.

5. solsurfr

solsurfr Full Access Member

My MPG's were dropping as a result of the IWE system not fully engage out of 4WD which is a documented TSB for Ford. Probably not related to what you're experiencing but my MPG's were dropping from 15-16 to 13-14 under same driving conditions.