Sadly I'm not really feeling the Ford love anymore.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rabtech

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I have been thru hell with this truck and its problems. I have been without my truck for almost 5 months of it 48 month time with me. It has a 7 Year 125,000 mile premium warranty.

On the forum somewhere is the story of my truck and the transmission going out when it had 49,000 miles on it then. It took over a month to fix it. And at the time I had no idea how little time that would be till it went out again.

This time it has 81,000 on it. It started doing what it did the first time.... It started shifting erratically and going from 10th to 3rd to whatever gear it wanted to go to. Randomly starting off from a stop in 3rd or 5th or whatever gear it wanted to. Sometimes the gas pedal wouldn't work and sometimes it would hold its gear to redline and slam it into the next gear.

The reason I say that a month wasn't a long time to have it fixed (which it was actually way to long) is because it has been OVER THRE MONTHS now and it is still at the dealer. Ford told them to rebuild the transmission and then wouldn't send them the parts to do that. Then when they finally received the part and put it all together it was doing the same thing. SO it took three months for nothing. Now the dealer is WAITING on Ford to give them guidance on what to do next. They have had since Monday to reach out to the dealer and so far NOT A WORD.

So if you think that is bad... Let me tell you the other things that have failed and been repaired. The front IWE has failed two times and the first time they replaced both hubs because of grinding. This time they didn't even check the hubs for damage and just changed the front axle seals because they were leaking.

They have also replaced the rear drivers side axle seal on the first service because it was leaking all over the back brakes.

They have re-glued the crap plastic oil pan because it was leaking oil all under the truck.

While it was in for this last service they had to replace the cam phasers because the truck sounded like a truck running with no oil when it was started.

They had to replace the right side turbo because it was leaking. I believe it was leaking coolant.

They also noted the drivers side was leaking as well and should be fixed soon. (why not fix it if you know its bad)??

Couple other things....The seat stitching had also started to unravel and the seat heaters stopped working.

Now let me tell you about this pavement princess... It has never been off-road. I buy a 4wd for the ability to get around when it snows occasionally and If I need to ease around with a trailer and don't want to mess up the yard by accidentally spinning I will use it.

SO she looks like it did when it was delivered to me cosmetically . I am an IT Consultant and I travel from site to site daily. It just gets to run the highways and look great.

Here are the details so far.

Ill upload the document from the past repairs and from this visit. I have obviously contacted Ford and have a case and I have file with the BBB so I can go into arbitration. I don't expect a lot from Ford. I am asking for my payments and insurance back that I have made on the truck during the time I have been without it. My payments are 1286.00 and I am going to be out of a truck for at least 5 months (if they fix it in the next two weeks). I have already been out 4.5 months. So if Ford doesn't do something amazing it could be even 6 months of time they will have had it for in the shop for repairs.

If someone on the forum is able to reach out to Ford and explain to them that my dealer needs help and they need parts to fix my truck I would be very grateful. I hate being without a truck and I am beyond disappointed that Ford has treated me this way.

The truck is at Long Lewis Ford in Muscle Shoals AL. It has been there since November 9th.

The VIN is 1FTFW1RGXHFA23616

It is a 2017 Raptor.

I can be reached at [email protected]

Here are the first 5 pages.

service 1and2_Page_1.jpg service 1and2_Page_2.jpg service 1and2_Page_3.jpg service 1and2_Page_4.jpg service 1and2_Page_5.jpg

OP
OP
rabtech

rabtech

Reaction score
This looks to be your old tranny thread, for reference btw (you can search under your "past postings" via one's profile):

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...000-miles-now-the-transmission-is-dead.65846/

Thanks for the link.

Its just sad to me that Ford knows and just doesn't care. I have always bought Ford trucks. A new one every few years. I cant say that I will ever walk onto another Ford lot. I will do everything I can to let people know just how they have treated me also. I would never want someone to have to be without a vehicle as long as I have.