Sadly I'm not really feeling the Ford love anymore.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I would call that dealership and schedule an appointment with the GM and sit down with him/her and go through every receipt with painstaking thoroughness. Include having a calendar indicating times he/she have had your truck and failed to repair and politely/firmly insist on being made whole through a trade or buyout or whatever. Use the overwhelmingly negative data/health issues you have collected to be your ‘lawyer’. If unsuccessful/unable the next time you get that rig back go to any other available dealer or brand and trade it.

Either way divorce this truck and start over. You married a crazy/broken raptor. Dump her and get one who’ll treat you right. Since this dealership is apparently fundamentally incompetent I can’t recommend doing business with them again so another Ford probably shouldn’t be in your future as much as I hate to contemplate such.
Also be sure to include the number and dollar value of the payments you’ve been making while not having your truck to drive.

OP
OP
rabtech

rabtech

Reaction score
It's still in the shop. I wish I had a contact at Ford that I could send my info to.

It's hard to believe that no one knows a single person with Ford that could step in and give me some help. I wish they would just find me a 2020 or something newer than mine and let me swap keys. I still owe money on mine but I would pay it off if Ford could help swap vehicles. Heck I really like the F250 with the Tremor package..... Ford needs mine so they can research why it has so many problems.

1. The dealership just doesn't have a care about it being in their shop because it wasnt sold by them. Meeting with the owner isn't really an option.
2. Ford only let's you call the 800 number and someone sitting in their living room tells you that they are sorry for all the problems. And they will "follow up" with the dealer and keep me informed of their progress.
3. Every attourny I have found on the internet is looking for an easy slam dunk case and won't touch this. It is beyond the lemon law time frame. So they would actually have to work and figure out where they have a case.
4. I can't trade it because it is in the shop.
5. Ford BBB Auto line is where you have to start with a case. They sent my paperwork back to me because they only deal with the first year issues. And conveniently they don't tell you anything that will help you with the next step.

I can't believe that it's not against the law for Ford to get away with being unable to fix an issue (several of them) and I paid thousands for an Ford premium warranty. How can it be legal for them to sell me an 87,000 vehicle and then keep it in the shop for over 7 or 8 months while I have to drive a 45,000 vehicle. How many times can I be expected to take all the stuff out of my truck and pile it into a loaner. I'm so sick of this truck.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now this time, when they tell you its ready, pick it up and immediately drive it to the dealer of your choice and trade it in. Be done with it. Personally, I would have done that last time.

Sometimes I forget that I am blessed with a small town dealer with an excellent service department. No SA BS, just a couple of lifetime counter guys and full access to the techs for questions, if needed. When the CD player froze on the wifes Exploder, they replaced it under warranty, a week later I get a call from the dealer, "I had one of the guys pull the CD player apart to get your CDs, do you want me to mail them or pick them up?" I had a pinion seal leak on the Exploder and I took it in under warranty, counter guy says no problem, I see you are almost at the end of the warranty, if you want a loaner for a day, we'll look for anything that should be addressed. Thanks, I'll take the loaner, have at it.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's still in the shop. I wish I had a contact at Ford that I could send my info to.

It's hard to believe that no one knows a single person with Ford that could step in and give me some help. I wish they would just find me a 2020 or something newer than mine and let me swap keys. I still owe money on mine but I would pay it off if Ford could help swap vehicles. Heck I really like the F250 with the Tremor package..... Ford needs mine so they can research why it has so many problems.

1. The dealership just doesn't have a care about it being in their shop because it wasnt sold by them. Meeting with the owner isn't really an option.
2. Ford only let's you call the 800 number and someone sitting in their living room tells you that they are sorry for all the problems. And they will "follow up" with the dealer and keep me informed of their progress.
3. Every attourny I have found on the internet is looking for an easy slam dunk case and won't touch this. It is beyond the lemon law time frame. So they would actually have to work and figure out where they have a case.
5. Ford BBB Auto line is where you have to start with a case. They sent my paperwork back to me because they only deal with the first year issues. And conveniently they don't tell you anything that will help you with the next step.

I can't believe that it's not against the law for Ford to get away with being unable to fix an issue (several of them) and I paid thousands for an Ford premium warranty. How can it be legal for them to sell me an 87,000 vehicle and then keep it in the shop for over 7 or 8 months while I have to drive a 45,000 vehicle. How many times can I be expected to take all the stuff out of my truck and pile it into a loaner. I'm so sick of this truck.

Ford isn’t the one who is unable to fix the issue. The dealer is. Since you have an ESP warranty, the dealer needs to get approval through them (separate from normal warranty) to complete repairs. It would appear that ESP authorized the repair, and then the dealer botched it and is refusing to own up to it and replace the assembly at their cost.

Just because you didn’t buy the truck from them does mean you can’t request to speak with management. You are still a customer and your truck he been left unrepaired at their service center for months. It’s in management’s best interest to get it fixed for you and get their tech and bay open for the next job, even if that means it may cost them for their incompetence.

Long-Lewis is a corporate auto group, not an individual store. They have multiple brands within that group. Here’s their website:

www.longlewisauto.com

They claim to be the #1 dealership in the Nation for Customer Satisfaction. If that’s the case, they should be more than open to resolving your issue ASAP. They even have a video on their website of their President/CEO Todd C. Ouellette Sr. promoting their “Customer Centered Business”. I suggest contacting them directly by any means possible, clearly the management at the store level is incompetent.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rabtech, respectfully, listen carefully to FTO.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate what you are going through, but I haven't seen in this thread that you have tried management within the dealer network. You need to be hounding for GM or DP or VP or someone that has a sense of authority for the issue.

Stop trying to contact Ford Customer Care and get into that dealer asap and start demanding action. Politely at first and then get more stern as you need to..