Gas mileage dropping, worried something mechanical.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cddawgs

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Calculated. I wasn’t university material but this I Can do. Dash has changed from 14+ only once and that was to 16. Wierd. But calculated has been a steady decline.

Two Dogs

Reaction score
I don't know for sure on the raptor, but the first place I go when mpg tanks is plugs. Plus its easy to check.

Edit: Did you check/change your air filter? These turbos like to feed.

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know for sure on the raptor, but the first place I go when mpg tanks is plugs. Plus its easy to check.

Edit: Did you check/change your air filter? These turbos like to feed.

That is a good point. Spark plug change will probably fix this. Curious what the stockers look like.

OP
OP
cddawgs

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
filter and plugs clean. Dealership said the engine is still "breaking in" and mileage will vary till around 10. Wondering am I enjoying the turbo gauge a bit much? Oh well, thats why they put em on. I appreciate everyone's responses. I'll come back in about 2 tanks and let y'all know.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
change your plugs!

edit: 5k miles only? Hammer on that bitch and clean the carbon out. When was the last time you hit redline?

OP
OP
cddawgs

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
know what?? You got a point. Gonna hit a long stretch of 475 in a while, I'll air it out. But I got scared around 110 and it Has been awhile.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Might be brakes dragging, or the wheel bearing as mentioned. A bad unit bearing on my SHO cost me 3 MPG.