Front Ride Height/Preload w Fox Factory 3.0 Coilovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my setup installed mid-last week and was wondering what your top of fenderwell was sitting at and if you adjusted it up higher any after installing?
I added the FFR rears with Icon leafs on Option 2(+2.25"), with Camburg Extended Shackles(-1") to offset them a little.

The rear is sitting at about 44 1/4", but my front fenderwells are almost at 42" with the new FFR coilovers. Installer said Fox sets preload @ +2" already to level your truck when installed, but I'd still like to go up another 1" to get to 43" in front. Installer was worried about not having enough clearance at full droop, but I have the Icon billet UCA's and think there is plenty of room. I want to see if anyone else was adjusting them up 1" in front to level things out more with aftermarket leafs in the rear. Anyone?

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I wouldn't move anything until your rear leafs settle. My Icon leafs (option 1) are almost at stock height now.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't move anything until your rear leafs settle. My Icon leafs (option 1) are almost at stock height now.
How long did it take for yours to settle? I’ve already put about 500 miles on mine, and they’ve settled about 3/4”-1” already.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
700-1000 miles. I think they keep on settling even after that mileage. I think you've waited long enough, in my opinion I would keep a slight rake and not try to be even front to back.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
700-1000 miles. I think they keep on settling even after that mileage. I think you've waited long enough, in my opinion I would keep a slight rake and not try to be even front to back.
Given where the rears are at 44” and holding, I’m going to try 43” max in front.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Just re-read your original post. I have a friend who has ton's of preload, so I know it can be done. I don't like the stress it puts on the CV joints. My installer said if you crank them more than the 2 inches, you may need to consider replacing the springs. I would call Fox and ask them what they think. I wouldn't do it, I had my last set of Icons on option 3 because I towed and they settled down to 43" in the rear. Not trying to rain on your parade or discourage you too much, but aren't you concerned about ride quality?
More importantly call Fox and ask them.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just re-read your original post. I have a friend who has ton's of preload, so I know it can be done. I don't like the stress it puts on the CV joints. My installer said if you crank them more than the 2 inches, you may need to consider replacing the springs. I would call Fox and ask them what they think. I wouldn't do it, I had my last set of Icons on option 3 because I towed and they settled down to 43" in the rear. Not trying to rain on your parade or discourage you too much, but aren't you concerned about ride quality?
More importantly call Fox and ask them.
Thanks Rick,

I think I’ll try that again on Monday. I tried to call today, but they closed at 3:30 Cali time…..thanks.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as well as steering and axel angle problems remember at 43” front height you will only have 3 to 4” of droop travel

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just curious on the ride quality with having these in the front. im on eibachs and the ride is noticable stiffer.

is it "plush" like oem springs with the factory race 3.0?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter