Anyone Used Foutz Motorsports 7" Ext. Length Shackles w Icon Leafs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Icon Leaf Springs with the Add-A-Leaf and Camburg 6" Length Drop Shackles Installed, but want to reduce the rake more. A$$ end still sits up too high, and my Fox Factory 3.0 coilovers are already cranked up 3 full turns, so can't go higher up front(according to Fox). Anyone gone to a Foutz Motorsports 7" Ext. Length shackle in the rear to get more level? Any feedback or suggestions? Don't want to reduce my loading capacity by switching out the add-a-leaf. Prefer keeping the add-a-leaf in for when I do load it up with add'l spare and gear.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much gear do you plan to use. I just had 500 plus pounds in my truck with icon leafs at option 2 which is the add a leaf but swapped with the softer leaf. Not added on top. And with 2.25” front lift it still had a half inch rake with all that in there. I run with my Leitner rack, fsr aspen lite, and 37” spare all the time with a one inch rake. Just lower it to option 2

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lowered mine to Option 1 yesterday and it’s perfect now, but trying to install the RPG track bar kit and because of adding the block they require, it’s going to go back up another 1” according to what I found out yesterday. So if I want to maintain current stance, I don’t have another choice than to go to Foutz 7” shackles, to counter the RPG track bar height increase, or just sell my RPG track bars.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Take out the add a leaf, install the trac bar with the 6" drop shackles and see how it looks. A 0.5-1" rear rake is good for loading.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take out the add a leaf, install the trac bar with the 6" drop shackles and see how it looks. A 0.5-1" rear rake is good for loading.
It’s perfect now on Option 1 without add-a-leaf with the Camburg 6” shackles, but the RPG requires their 1” block w track bars for the Icon leafs, so I’ll be back to square 1 until I install the Foutz 7” shackles. Got no choice now that we found out about the block.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
It’s perfect now on Option 1 without add-a-leaf with the Camburg 6” shackles, but the RPG requires their 1” block w track bars for the Icon leafs, so I’ll be back to square 1 until I install the Foutz 7” shackles. Got no choice now that we found out about the block.

Mid perch the front? :shrug:

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got Fox Factory 3.0’s all around and fronts were cranked up another 3 turns, so they are maxed.

raptordoug618

Reaction score
I’ve got Fox Factory 3.0’s all around and fronts were cranked up another 3 turns, so they are maxed.
Did you ever end up running the Foutz shackle? I’ll be ordering Deavers that will have the truck +1 higher than stock. Foutz seems to be the only shackle that will lower 2”. I want zero rake whatsoever. Thanks in advanced!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter