Fords answer to the TRX?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they come out with a v8, that is great, but the future of vehicles is electric or hydrogen unfortunately and the sound of v8s roaring the streets will soon be just at car shows. In 2040 every new car sold up here has to be carbon free, I am sure it will be the same in the US in short order as well.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If nothing nothing else, this would at least delay most potential RAM TRX purchasers Yearning for a V8, but with our Raptors, to hold off until the 2021 Raptor is revealed.

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they come out with a v8, that is great, but the future of vehicles is electric or hydrogen unfortunately and the sound of v8s roaring the streets will soon be just at car shows. In 2040 every new car sold up here has to be carbon free, I am sure it will be the same in the US in short order as well.
Not sure where you’re at but I mentioned the same thing in another post. California wants to go all electric by 2040. Dealerships want the California market and correct me if I’m wrong, they usually pander to said market because of its size and make California acceptable vehicles across the board for markets that don’t require as strict of requirements

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with that and keeping the power on........consumers, not Governments should decide the future.
Yup, I agree. California has a hard enough time not forcing rolling outages on us as is. I don’t know what they’ll do when they decide all electric by 2040 and what will happen to the power grid especially in summer.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
State of California must have some amazing engineers working for them to determine 0% emissions vehicle mandate in 20 years. And they must have a great way to dispose and recycle used batteries and acid in their landfills they ship to China. Petrol is here until there's a major breakthrough in energy production, we are bound by thermodynamics, not politics in our ability to produce/utilize alternative energy.

In NV I work with a company that turns every day waste into jetfuel/biofuel subsidized by the state of California, but they have to be in NV because Cali's own emissions laws...the irony is not lost on anyone involved in the projects.