Fords answer to the TRX?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Somewhat rant mode I guess....I truly for the life of me don’t understand the hostility toward people liking V8’s. I feel like I’m talking to a bunch of children that wanna just compare **** sizes. It’s just an engine preference and everyone freaks out and IDK why. Objectively just seems like a bunch of insecure folks on the Gen2 validating their truck. You can see this cause you go to the Gen2 forum and they still argue about it just among themselves.

IMO The raptor is a big truck and I want a comparable real engine to pull that big truck. I have no interest in a small maximum engineered engine squeezing the life out of it to make it move. I like pushing the flat thingy and it starts moving instantly. And you can tell me it’s modernization and technology and that’s fine but I won’t be buying it. Everyone bashes the V8 likes it’s just a bunch of old senile (Biden) men. Except it is currently today a mass produced engine block in a ton of lineups and a raptor competitor just put one in their brand new truck. So it clearly has a market and isn’t gone forever to y’all’s dismay it would seem.

Also I hope you know when a democrat promises we will be 100% clean energy by such and such and electric and blah blah blah...they are lying to you! They will be out of office long before than and so it is someone else’s problem. They are just tiptoeing the line of BS to you to try to keep the left from devouring their own. They don’t know the weather in 3 days let alone wtf is going to be happening in 20 years with power. For all they know we will all be dead by that time or in flying cars, but they just shovel out shit to feed the baby birds today cause they aren’t accountable to anything.

This is America so do what you want and buy what you want...God knows I will

vakane

Reaction score
well.... Ive been in the market for a raptor for around a month and no budge on prices or options or anything and since the announcement of the probable V8 I've been getting calls to come in and that they'll take of the pricing on some of the options (i don't like the graphics) AND lower the msrp... so i guess that's a win win situation for us buyers... of course I now i'll wait and see what the 2021 bring to the table.. Ill make a purchase then... although i'm sure that means the 21 will probably start at 63k versus 53k.. regardless either i'm getting a 2020 at a great price or buying a 21 next year

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well.... Ive been in the market for a raptor for around a month and no budge on prices or options or anything and since the announcement of the probable V8 I've been getting calls to come in and that they'll take of the pricing on some of the options (i don't like the graphics) AND lower the msrp... so i guess that's a win win situation for us buyers... of course I now i'll wait and see what the 2021 bring to the table.. Ill make a purchase then... although i'm sure that means the 21 will probably start at 63k versus 53k.. regardless either i'm getting a 2020 at a great price or buying a 21 next year

There is no Raptor for 2021. 2022 is the most likely (2023 for sure but I’d bet on 22)

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm the reveal is around the corner i was told... for the 2021 redesign which would go on sale mid year 2021

Told by whom? If it’s anyone employed by a Ford dealer, take whatever you were told with a dump truck of salt at least.

The Gen 1 Raptor was a 2010, one model year after that body style F-150

The Gen 2 Raptor was two model years after the new 2015 body F-150.

There’s a pattern.

vakane

Reaction score
Told by whom? If it’s anyone employed by a Ford dealer, take whatever you were told with a dump truck of salt at least.

The Gen 1 Raptor was a 2010, one model year after that body style F-150

The Gen 2 Raptor was two model years after the new 2015 body F-150.

There’s a pattern.
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/08/21/2021-ford-f150-raptor-gets-700-horsepower-gt500-v8/

might not mean much but theyre pretty reputable and would tell you to take it with a grain of salt or not. The source is mentioned.

Last edited:

Howanic

Reaction score
I feel like this is going to push this truck to the Shelby Baja price level with that GT500 engine. I don’t know about you guys but a truck over $100k doesn’t sound appealing to me. I’d rather keep my current Raptor and buy a C8 Vette for that speed itch.

not that I wouldn’t love to have my Raptor with a Super charged V8... Getting up to speed on the highway that much quicker really isn’t feasible in my area due to the amount of people on the road.