Ford refuses warrenty because dealer does not want to do the work!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be curious to know if this truck was during the run where they ran out of "black" paint for a while. About a year or so ago.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Would be curious to know if this truck was during the run where they ran out of "black" paint for a while. About a year or so ago.

They switched from Tuxedo Black to Ebony Black for a short time during MY 2011 because the metallic color tints used in Tuxedo Black (and others) are produced in Japan. The Japanese tsunami crippled much of its export industry, including the paint tints Ford required.

jarrettaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford's warranty policy is such a joke. I know I might get flamed for this but GM is much better about warranty stuff. I had to take my truck to a few dealers just to get my cv shaft fixed. Some just refused to do it. Finally found one that would. Good luck, keep us posted.

I have to stick up for Ford regarding warranty. I do not work for Ford or have any vested interest. While yes, there may be issues on this particular case, there are plenty of others where Ford has stepped up to the plate and repaired items that were questionable. I've personally never had one issue with Ford. I think it goes back to the dealership and there is where most problems arise. When I purchase a vehicle, I go in and talk with my service manager. That seems to work later down the road if need be.
Remember this is a Ford Forum. The good, the bad, and the ugly will be brought to the table. As I'm sure it is the same on the Chevrolet Forums. They too have dealerships that are lazy and refuse work.
Good luck iown1 on this work. I hope everything will work out!

OP
OP
I

iown1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is npthing to update yet. Ford Corporate is sending out a feild service rep to look at the truck. FINALY but as I live in the midle of nowhere and there are only a few of these reps I am waiting to be contacted by him on when he will be cose to my area. No real comercial flight to my town so it takes a bit of travel time to get here. They have granted me a meeting with the rep prior to him looking at the truck and I am to be present the entire time he looks at it. This they tell me is not usual and something they normaly try not to do. Don't know if that is true but theygave me the time with the rep without me having to ask for it. I think they got the point that I am a control freak and was not going to let some **** head do my talking.

Will post when I have more. soon I hope the customer service rep tried to call me the other day and I wasn't available so lets hope it was for a meeting with the rep.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Forgot it is just the black not tuxedo.

OP
OP
I

iown1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WelL I got ahold of Ford customer service today and they have informed me that they are not sending someone to look at my truck. They will paint the fenders and door frames but that is it. The customer service guy informed me that the decision was made froM much higher than him, he was not sure who actualy made the decision. I am very upset that they have no intention of actualy looking at the truck. The Customer service guy was unable to get any satisfactory respones from the dealers therefor they know the dealers were not interested in working with thge truck.

FORD YOU SUCK.

OP
OP
I

iown1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About an Hour or so after my facebook post on Ford Canada facebook page and telling the Customer service guy thanks for his efforts but I will be filling under the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Act and will see Ford in court. I got all call from Ford Motor Company Presidents office in Detroit. The lady asked me how things were going with my claim as she was following up from the call we had before Christmas. Coincedence Maybe.

She asked me to give her till Tuesday as she would like to review the case in full. I agreed after a long explantion to her that my expataion of Ford was for them to have a qualified individual look at my truck under controled conditions and evaluate it towards their standards of quality. I mentioned that I also want to see those standards.

Back and forth on decisions. This is the last one than to court we go. Started this claim when new and now have 40,000 Km on the truck.

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About an Hour or so after my facebook post on Ford Canada facebook page and telling the Customer service guy thanks for his efforts but I will be filling under the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Act and will see Ford in court. I got all call from Ford Motor Company Presidents office in Detroit. The lady asked me how things were going with my claim as she was following up from the call we had before Christmas. Coincedence Maybe.

She asked me to give her till Tuesday as she would like to review the case in full. I agreed after a long explantion to her that my expataion of Ford was for them to have a qualified individual look at my truck under controled conditions and evaluate it towards their standards of quality. I mentioned that I also want to see those standards.

Back and forth on decisions. This is the last one than to court we go. Started this claim when new and now have 40,000 Km on the truck.

Keep it up, you may end up with a new truck out of this deal. I am sorry that your dealers are apparent douchbags and are not willing to help you out

Fortunately if I ever have an issue with my Fords I can count on my dealer to get it resolved, best of luck to you on this :waytogo: