Ford performance catch-can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

m6ar2cel6o

Reaction score

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For anyone on the fence. I installed the Ford Performance catch can 1,200 miles ago. - same time I changed the oil (Penzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30).

For kicks, I emptied it today. It's been doing the thing. I have not been driving hard... as an aside, this oil was not the color that I expected after only 1,200 miles.

As it was when I opened it:
View attachment 434646

Poured it out...
View attachment 434647
Important to remember that is not the same as taking an oil sample from the sump. The vapor in PCV system is a combination of blow by gasses, oil vapor, and moisture. It creates a nasty concoction, but would normally be burned as a vapor without the catch can.

Hal993

Reaction score
Important to remember that is not the same as taking an oil sample from the sump. The vapor in PCV system is a combination of blow by gasses, oil vapor, and moisture. It creates a nasty concoction, but would normally be burned as a vapor without the catch can.
Absolutely. I get what my post looked like. The "not liking how it looked was about the oil I checked from the dipstick right before I emptied the AOS. I expect the oil from the AOS to look... however it looks. As always, thanks for making us all FordSmarter.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone got the part number for the one that was recently released for our trucks? My googler skills are lacking and I only see the one that needs to be modified to work.

Hal993

Reaction score
M-6766-35T

Went on my Gen2 with no mods. - save trimming the foam engine cover to accomodate the return line.