Ford Performance Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems recently - also the directions for draining don't mention opening it up at all. I guess you just unhook the 2 tubes going to the can, lift off and just drain it out of the left side - like literally tilt it. No need to open it. Would take all of 30 seconds.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the problem I had was this part: "On passenger side of engine,remove cam cover bolt and replace with cam cover stud bolt provided.Torque to 10nm (88 lbin)". Like I said I could loosen that bolt all the way until it spins freely, but it will not come out. @FordTechOne any insight to that?
I just took a small prybar and pried on the loose bolt head and it came right out of the valve cover for me

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I installed mine yesterday. It’s a great product from Ford. The cam cover bolt has a sleeve around it so you don’t crush the plastic cover when tightening it. When you get the bolt loose, just pry it out gently. I used a small fork tool designed to remove body/trim clips, etc. The bolt sleeve is about 5/8” long so it doesn’t just pop out. If you have vice grip fingers, you may can just pull it out. Note the included replacement bolt to see how it looks.

Everything fits perfectly as it’s designed by Ford for Ford.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed mine yesterday. It’s a great product from Ford. The cam cover bolt has a sleeve around it so you don’t crush the plastic cover when tightening it. When you get the bolt loose, just pry it out gently. I used a small fork tool designed to remove body/trim clips, etc. The bolt sleeve is about 5/8” long so it doesn’t just pop out. If you have vice grip fingers, you may can just pull it out. Note the included replacement bolt to see how it looks.

Thanks for this. I just came back here to ask more questions about the seemingly captive bolt. I’m ordering mine even if I have no idea when I’m gonna get it on but I intend to keep this truck a long time.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, i've had these for my GT350 and prior GT for a long time. Was always bummed they never made anything for the Raptor. When did this come out?
not sure, seems i was the first to find it but i found it completely by accident.
Seems theyre not marketing them too well whether on purpose or not. still happy they make them at least.
Only wish they were secured a bit better, but it was still in place after a good day of offroading and even goin airborne.

yeah same here, used one of those plastic trim poppers, came right out easy.

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jeez I’m a dummy :p As for the can being more secure, it’s good just how it is. Even if there were no mount it isn’t going anywhere with the stiff tubing attached.

peavey02

Reaction score
I was looking over the installation instructions and saw the note.

NOTE: For Raptor applications, creating
clearance for the PCV tubes in the
bottom side of the foam engine
appearance cover may be necessary

I'm guessing they are saying that you need to trim the bottom of the foam to ensure it fits correctly. Have any of you that have installed it had to trim the cover?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter