Installed My Ford Performance Catch Can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Oldfart would you mind posting some photos of the inside of it? Been eyeballing getting one of these for my truck but want to see how they've baffled the inside before pulling the trigger.
A little under 5,000 miles and I had about 3/16" of really clean looking oil in the bottom. I was shocked how clean both the can, and the oil were. It looked like you filtered the engine oil and put it in the can. Everyone else that I saw post pictures of their cans, were all full of milky crap.

1691597378872.jpeg

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty interesting approach. I've not seen an actual filter used as baffling before but it makes sense and I imagine it'd be a lot more effective than standard plate baffling. Are you able to remove the filter? If so I'd wager it could be cleaned after it's been in service for a longer time.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little under 5,000 miles and I had about 3/16" of really clean looking oil in the bottom. I was shocked how clean both the can, and the oil were. It looked like you filtered the engine oil and put it in the can. Everyone else that I saw post pictures of their cans, were all full of milky crap.

View attachment 419104
May just be your climate. My current JLT catch can produces the same. Looks like fresh oil. I’ve had the same on all other platforms with various brand cans.

Here it’s 10000 degrees daily with high 80’s to low 90 percent humidity.

Attachments

• IMG_1937.jpeg
    IMG_1937.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a pretty interesting approach. I've not seen an actual filter used as baffling before but it makes sense and I imagine it'd be a lot more effective than standard plate baffling. Are you able to remove the filter? If so I'd wager it could be cleaned after it's been in service for a longer time.
Yes, if you use a pic you can pop it loose.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
May just be your climate. My current JLT catch can produces the same. Looks like fresh oil. I’ve had the same on all other platforms with various brand cans.

Here it’s 10000 degrees daily with high 80’s to low 90 percent humidity.
I hadn't thought about that, it's been warm summer heat since it's been on. I'll be curious what it looks like this winter. Every picture I saw of what people found in their can looked like chocolate milk.

Edit, I guess I should have made sure to say CATCH can because of all the dirty minded pervs in here!

Last edited:

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed an IAG AOS on my car and it is warmed by coolant and dumps back into the crankcase. Good for cooler climates.

IMG_3016.jpegI wonder if IAG will make a AOS in their off-road segment?